sushi tonight...HELP!!!

jc2488
jc2488 Posts: 12
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Im going to sushi tonight with a couple of girlfriends....i went over really bad on my calories last night and really dont want to today. i would appreciate any suggestions to help me keep it low! Is there a type of sushi that you can order without the rice??

Replies

• dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    You can order Sashimi, its just the fish...or there should be a number of salads that they have, Wakame is a seaweed salad made with a dressing that is wonderful. Also, Veggie rolls are another option. Becareful, I figured Sushi had to be low in Calories...made that mistake too...so watch your portions. But really if this is a night out with friends, don't be too hard on yourself, exercise and drink plenty of water, even though some sushi may have some higher calories, it is still overall healthy.

Have a great time.

Diane
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Sashimi is with out rice. Tuna sashimi is delicious (as well as other sashimi choices are). Also, a straight up tuna roll or salmon, etc. is actually fairly low in calories and very diet friendly. Sushi is one of the better choices you can make for dinner so enjoy it :)
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Yes there is! Order the sashimi. It's just two to four cuts of raw fish with no rice or anything. Dip in soy sauce and wasabi and it tastes delicious! Much healthier for you. Also get the edamame as an appetizer instead of spring rolls etc. They are high in protein and low in fat and calories.

Good luck! :)
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    i usually just get one roll or two if i'm really hungry. get salmon, tuna, or yellowtail plain or spicy. I feel like a spicy salmon and a california roll together is between 500-600 cals. not so bad and super yummy. stay away from tempura. Also, eat the miso soup and a salad. low cal stuff there too.

have fun!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I love Sushi!!! I agree with the posters above. You can also get meso soup if you don't have a sodium issue. I believe it's about 90cal a cup and may help you fill up and the edamame app is a super good idea as well.
This discussion has been closed.