Teaspoon

Options
magichatter06
magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
Is a regular spoon actually measured out to be a TSP?

For instance, when people would put medicine on a spoon and take it from there when the directions say to take a TSP. "spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down"

I was actually wondering because say something is measured out in TBSP but you don't want to pull the measuring TBSP out, if you could use a regular spoon if that would equal to a teaspoon?

I hope you understand what I am asking!:smile:

Replies

• magichatter06
    Options
    Is a regular spoon actually measured out to be a TSP?

For instance, when people would put medicine on a spoon and take it from there when the directions say to take a TSP. "spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down"

I was actually wondering because say something is measured out in TBSP but you don't want to pull the measuring TBSP out, if you could use a regular spoon if that would equal to a teaspoon?

I hope you understand what I am asking!:smile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The surest way to measure that is to take a teaspoon out and a measuring teaspoon, and fill the measure with something and pour it into the spoon.

It is generally a scant teaspoon, which means barely to the rim of the spoon.

If you do that, you can usually memorize where the level is in the spoon so that you have a more accurate measure regularly.

Hope that helps.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I just tried it and yes, you can use a regular teaspoon instead of a measuring teaspoon.
  • magichatter06
    Options
    So that means if 2 tbsp = 6 tsp, I can have 6 tsps of say cream cheese, granted I wipe excess off to make it meet the rim?

Same with Peanut Butter?????

Maybe I should have specified a dry tbsp.:tongue: