Losing weight a set back?

Options
It's Saturday afternoon here in the U.K.

Thursday I had a McDonalds and was over my net cals by nearly 500. Yesterday with work cals, I ended up 1000 under. I have lost 1.6lb since I last weighed in, which was 3 days ago.

Although I'm pleased about that, it makes me think. Yesterday until around 6 or 7pm, all I had all day was about 5 grapes and a coffee. And because of that, when it came to eating, I got in to an old mind-set and was quite anxious and was on the verge of tears in Tesco surrounded by so much food. Lesson learnt that I need to not go half a day without eating because it triggers some old habits and memories! I still ate though, and it was about 800 the meal.

How did I lose the weight? I'm hoping it's not because I was so much under yesterday, and now when I go back to my normal eating tomorrow (tonight I have work & will prob burn quite a bit if it's busy!), is it going to pile back on? ARGH. I don't want to be drawn back in to how I was before. :embarassed: :huh:

Replies

• Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eating what you burns helps make you lose. Otherwise you're not getting the true 1200 calories or whatever your goal is set. You have to workout, but you also have to eat to avoid stalling the weight loss.
  • Dancinhiphop4life
    Options
    keep at it chica! i know that lb came off fast but you want a slow weight loss so stick with hitting your calories everyday. Also the way you talk about work it sounds like youre in the resturant/bar buisness....i am too and on busy nights you can burn some extra calories so make sure you do eat enough to fuel your body!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's probably water, but I just don't see how it dropped off so quickly when I've been over 143 constantly for the past month o.O

I have recently upped my goal from 1040 to 1140, and in the week I stick to around my goals, but through the weekend it's difficult!

Haha, yep, I am... work in my city's busiest nightclub! Tonight it might be quieter though as Saturdays usually are as it's more expensive and the students are skint lol :)
  • robertboyd
    Options
    It's easy to feel guilt when you have a treat or slip up but stick with it.

I'd really try to eat three meals a day. Sometime I skip breakfast and I feel the impact of it more than I do by having three smaller meals. Hope it works out for you.
  • hebeflora
    hebeflora Posts: 10
    Options
    Just keep trying to make your goal :)
    The reason this usually helps you to lose is because your calorie deficit has already been taken away. I always forget that the normal goal for women is just under 2000 cals a day - i'm sure i never used to eat that, but i must have done to put on weight in the first place! But if you are aiming for 1140 then thats already taken a load of cals away, so you just need to make sure your body knows that food is okay and its is not going to be starved and therefore it doesnt need to store any fat.

What i would advise, although im not an expert (!), would be that you try to have the same goal everyday, and reach that goal with healthy food - and lots of it! Be as consistent as you can every week - one week have similar foods each day (including lots of fruit and veg) and then the next week, switch it up a bit (e.g introduce rice a couple of times instead of pasta, etc) so you keep your body on its toes, while feeding it food that it will benefit from :)
    you could set your everyday activity level to higher, and then not add in work - just so it is more consistent for you. And on the days where you dont work, just minus the calories you didnt burn from your day's goal, (work out how much extra there would have been).
    Sorry if this is difficult to understand! i havent really been checking, ive just been typing!
    Try not to panic if you have a day where you are under or over - nothing bad should happen - just make sure you eat good food and balanced meals and exercise regularly (such as walking to the shops instead of getting the bus, and switch that up often too. like, every couple of months.)
    Hope it helps in some way though, despite being messy and all over the joint! haha let me know :) xx
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    True fat loss as opposed to lbs shown on the scales does not happen overnight....it takes time to metabolise the fat...so eating over on one day & less the next makes no real difference & some believe that zig zagging helps....so as long as you are netting a weekly total of 7 x your 1200 in a week thats great. You are doing really well...and eating so much healthier than you were & because you are now eating more & healthier your body feels safe in letting you lose a few pounds..so give yourself a pat on the back!
  • patriciarussell
    Options
    I had a hard day yesterday. I just had a hard time with the people at work and their candy jars. I need help in figuring out how to get the will power to walk away. Anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this.