30 Day Shred + Gym 2/3 x a week for 2 hours,will I lose much

Options
I'm also going to throw in a 30-45 minute cardio based workout dvd (or just dance around like a loon for an hour) if I can't get to the gym or even on the days I don't go as even though I sweat loads doing the shred,27 minutes just doesn't seem like enough exercise to me.

this is my plan for next week (subject to change)

Monday-Day 6/10 of the 30 day shred first thing in the morning before I eat, I'll then have breakfast then lunch and head to the gym around 7:30 ,I'll do about 1 hour 1/2 of cardio then 30 minutes weight training.

Tuesday- Day 7/10 of the 30 day shred first thing in the morning, I'm going to my caravan in the lakes on this day so if the weather's nice enough I shall go for a 2 mile run/walk/run/walk and then maybe dance around for half an hour

Wednesday-Day 8/10 of the 30 day shred and that is it because I shall be with my boyfriend who I don't get too see that often (damn long distances)

Thursday- Day 9/10 of the 30 day shred,dance like a loon for an hour because there's no internet connection so I can't do tae bo :(

Friday-Day 10/10 of the 30 day shred + run + calensthetics (not sure if i've spelt it right)

Saturday-Nothing ,nada nil complete rest. Might go on a walk or something because I shall probably still be in the lakes so if the weather is nice enough,why not? .

Sunday-Gym 2 hours 1 1/2 hours of cardio,30 minutes of weight training.

Some weeks I'll do less,some more. I'm trying to eat as healthily as I possible can. I am finding it hard to reach 1200 net calories because that'd mean on gym and 30 day shred days eating almost 2000 calories and I find it hard to eat 1200 calories as it is I tend to come in between 800-1150 at most, it's not intentional but I'm just not a huge eater nowdays.
My BMR is 1354 so there's no way I'm going to lose on 1200 net a day ,1200 total maybe not net.
I thought you had to have a calorie deficit of like 500 calories to lose 1lb a week?

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a decent plan. The only change I would suggest is that you eat breakfast BEFORE the workout. Your body needs those calories before it can burn them and you could end up making yourself sick. It won't defeat anything if you eat first, and in truth, it'll probably HELP if you do. Good luck! :)
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's good if you workout before you eat breakfast though?
    I tend to have breakfast pretty much straight after I've done the 30 day shred,well I lay down on my bed for around 10 minutes and then get up and go and eat.

I don't really like to work out just after i've eaten a full meal (i usually leave an hour or so between it) and I i like to get my workout in first thing,but if it's better to I can always eat something like an apple ( I don't think exercising after eating an apple would make me feel sick so that may work) before I work out and then have breakfast after which is usually porridge or weetabix.