NEW!

scrumpy21
scrumpy21 Posts: 19
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone, I am new, I entered in my breakfast and lunch and cringed at what I had ate!!

wow writing it dow is a wake up call, well I have 150 to lose, it is this or weight lose surgery, and I am a wimp...so I told my doctor I would make some changes.

I was reading womans world and read about Ali from biggest loser, she tracked her calories, so I found this sight.

I am going to take it one day at a time and promise to give myself enough time each day to log my progress towards a healthy life.

cheers everyone

Replies

• scrumpy21
    scrumpy21 Posts: 19
    Hello Everyone, I am new, I entered in my breakfast and lunch and cringed at what I had ate!!

wow writing it dow is a wake up call, well I have 150 to lose, it is this or weight lose surgery, and I am a wimp...so I told my doctor I would make some changes.

I was reading womans world and read about Ali from biggest loser, she tracked her calories, so I found this sight.

I am going to take it one day at a time and promise to give myself enough time each day to log my progress towards a healthy life.

cheers everyone
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Well done for taking the plunge, this site is great, they are all supportive and you will make many friends:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome! This site really IS fantastic, you're going to LOVE it!
    Yup, the counter log IS quite the eye opener, isn't it?!!! I might suggest that you enter your foods BEFORE you eat them, rather than after, since seeing the totals might get you making better choices.
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Welcome to the MFP family!! :happy:

This website, with all of the great members to support you & the calorie counter, will help you stay on track---(Most of the time--depends on how good your will power is--ha ha)!

Good luck!
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Congratulations on your new beginning:drinker:

I'm new too! It's fun on this site it's like a board game...it's fun to input your info :) I'm sure you will succeed here. I feel I have extra will power now that I found this site.

Good Luck & have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome Tamara! Awwwwwwwww, cute dog!!!
    This site is fun, easy, addicting, AND, best of all, it REALLY WORKS!!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Hi! I think losing it slowly on this site as opposed to quickly with gastric bypass is that you won't have that pesky skin issue. I think this is better in the long run...at least that's what I've heard! Welcome!
  • Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Welcome to the newbies :tongue:
    Sometimes just to be aware what you eat, can make a big change.
    Good luck and have fun
    xxx
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :flowerforyou: Good Luck! We're all in this together.
This discussion has been closed.