Spaghetti Sauce on Rice?

Options
2»

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I serve risotto on spinach with marinara....pretty tasty. It helps that spinach is strongly flavored, that the rice has some flavor from onion, turmeric, sherry and a little parmesan. It's good stuff.

I'd be a little hesitant about just pouring marinara on white rice, but I think it has more to do with me than with rice.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it on rice....I would suggest spaghetti squash.
  • lji65
    lji65 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love spaghetti sauce on rice, but then again; I love anything on rice.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    This is an old WW trick, but using canned bean sprouts instead of spaghetti noodles and I think it is good too, and about 50 cal per cup.

When I go to Mongolian Grill, I will have bean sprouts instead of the noodles, makes me feel like I have noodles lol. I just learned yesterday that they were bean sprouts and I think they are soy.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I serve risotto on spinach with marinara....pretty tasty. It helps that spinach is strongly flavored, that the rice has some flavor from onion, turmeric, sherry and a little parmesan. It's good stuff.

I'd be a little hesitant about just pouring marinara on white rice, but I think it has more to do with me than with rice.

I always add vegies to my spaghetti sauce, green peppers and onions, I was just thinking a bit ago, that it probably would taste very similar to stuffed green peppers, so I will have to do it. I ended up not making since almost everyone was gone, and who was here had friends. And everyone was just doing their own thing. But I will be making it this week.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    don't know if anyone else suggested this, but you could try rice noodles. it'd *feel* more like spaghetti because the shape is similar. you can find these at asian markets or in the ethnic section of most supermarkets. i think they are 100% rice.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    don't know if anyone else suggested this, but you could try rice noodles. it'd *feel* more like spaghetti because the shape is similar. you can find these at asian markets or in the ethnic section of most supermarkets. i think they are 100% rice.

i should have read the other posts before i added my two cents! i see others made the same suggestion. interested in the fried coleslaw though. anyone have a recipe?