What Motivates You?!?!?!?

Options
So I do a few things to motivate me, and that got me thinking I wonder what motivates everyone else!?! So I thought this would be a good way to help support the new comers and give other ideas to the fabulous people that already are here!

Ok so my motivation is a little stupid but it rally helps me. I took a before picture of myself (that doesn’t look that good at all) and I printed it out, put in some cheapo frame. I have this friend who is a body builder, not all big and buff I think they call her class petite builders. IDK,not the point ha-ha. But she has the best midsection I ever seen! So I asked her to take a picture of her abs and print it out for me. So I put that one in a cheapo frame as well. Every time I put on Insanity I put both photos right next to each other by my TV. Every time I look up I see them and it pushes me to keep going!!!

SO what motivates you?!?!?!?.......

Replies

• Lulumaguloo
    Options
    What really helps me when I'm feeling discouraged is actually looking at the success stories on this website. They really help, I start to think well if they can do it so can I. Oh and also i felt pretty motivated yesterday when i was able to pull off my jeans without unbuttoning them. They used to be TIGHT! lol
  • blazestarr
    Options
    That's an awesome idea. I'm a visual person so I think that would help me also. My current motivator is i bought a really pretty dress. I can get it on but I can't zip it all the way up. My goal is to get into it and look fab by my birthday April 22.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm the queen of ignoring what's right in front of my face and making excuses why it's ok to be big, plump, curvy or whatever I want to call it to make myself feel like I haven't started to really spiral out of control, which I had started doing!!, so I force myself to really look at what's there. One of the most motivating things for me is working out in front of a mirror! If it's still jiggling I can't possibly be tired enough to quit. Oh... and I keep a scale in the kitchen....
  • ErinMarie000Ayainna
    ErinMarie000Ayainna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Blazestarr I tried that with a pair of jeans I had and it didn’t work for me, I even hung them on the wall lol! But ya you should try the pic thing it may help!!
  • mhyatt13
    mhyatt13 Posts: 4
    Options
    My son is my biggest motivation, leading a healthy lifestyle is sooo imporatnat and I don't want him thinking his health is a no biggie kind of thing, since its EVERYTHING!

I also want my self confidence back casue after having a baby, my body is NOT the same and I'm getting over having it like this! ; )
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    The fact that I just LOVE working out. Knowing that one day I may not be in a condition to work out, as I get older, is all of the motivation I need. I love the constant challenge and changes that I see.