There is a strength in numbers

Options
I have been here before. I wasn't very successful at losing weight the first time I was here but I learned a lot and the best part for was the community of support so that is why I have returned to MFP. When I wasn't successful before it wasn't because I or this site lacked the tools it was that I lacked the commitment to utilize the tools every day.

I think that is what weight loss is rely truly about, commitment.

I saw my doctor this week, she asked me if I wanted to see a nutritionist, I don't need to see a nutritionist to tell me why I am overweight or for that matter how to lose weight, I know what the 'secret' formula is = less intake and more physical output.

I am not overweight because I lack knowledge, I am overweight because I lack commitement. Food is the only area of my life were I take the easy way out, I indulge, I enjoy, I over-eat.

I look at it this weight, If Oprah the one woman in the world who has every tool at her disposal can still gain weight that should speak volumes as to what kind of constant, daily struggle weighloss really is and not only weight loss but also maintaining the weight loss. Oprah can have every exercise machine, every secret weight loss pill, and even a personal chef to cook her or provide her with whatever food necessary and yet she stills struggles with her weight after all these years. Then it is not just about aligning all the proper tools it is the commitement to utilize those tools EVERY single time.

I don't want to lose weight to be thinner, that is secondary, I want to lose weight to be healthier. This morning my son told me he could hear me snoring through both of our closed bedroom doors ... that scares me.
This past week I had a parent teacher conference at my sons school, we took the stairs it was 3 flights, when we reached the top I asked him to wait in the hall with me while I caught my breathe, I was too embarrassed for his teacher or anyone to see me breathing so heavily ... that scares me. I am 5'1 and I have a 39inch waist ... that scares me.

Replies

• SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! And congrats for taking the first step. That can be just as hard as the commitment sometimes.

If you need a little extra support or someone to lean on, feel free to add me as a friend. This site has become my post work-out guilty pleasure. :wink: