Best Peanut Butter?

tinalina81
tinalina81 Posts: 81
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I just now looked at my Smart Balance Peanut Butter and at the Great Value Peanut Butter and had to realize that there is not much difference.
What is your favorite Peanut Butter and why?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Whatever is one says Ingredients: "Peanuts". Or "Peanuts, salt". Anything else, put it back on the shelf. If there's more than 1 brand that meets the criteria then I would just go for the cheaper one honestly.

Last time I ended up with a gigantic jar of Adam's brand, and for some reason it seems extra delicious. But then again it's peanut butter. It's always extra delicious.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    pb2! 45 cals for 2 tbsp and no crazy ingredients
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    I really like better n peanut butter - it's not EXACTLY like regular peanut butter, but its close enough for me with more than half the fat gone!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I love the reduced fat peanut butter from publix. (I'm pretty sure it's the same as reduced fat jiffy). I just ordered some PB2 this week, so I'm hoping that it will become my favorite! Only 45 calories for 2 tbsp. :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I just now looked at my Smart Balance Peanut Butter and at the Great Value Peanut Butter and had to realize that there is not much difference.
    What is your favorite Peanut Butter and why?

agreed..i see regular pb, vs `low fat pb, vs organic..not much nutrient difference between all of them..price mainly..organic is SO much more expensive
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    I like the natural peanut butters that I don't have to stir. Less sugar and less funky stuff. I use skippy natural and my little boy loves it as well. If it passes his test, it must taste good!!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Whatever is one says Ingredients: "Peanuts". Or "Peanuts, salt". Anything else, put it back on the shelf. If there's more than 1 brand that meets the criteria then I would just go for the cheaper one honestly.

This.
    I like natural peanut butter better, it has a richer peanut taste - a tablespoon of PB right off the spoon with a banana on the side...tasty :) Smucker's Natural is in our fridge right now :) when you first open it, it seems really soupy - once you stir it up and get it in the fridge, it has a great texture -
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Have you tried Almond butter or Cashew butter? Both are YUMMY in my book; but the cashew butter's taste is closer to that of peanut butter. I buy mine at a local health food store...expensive, but a little goes a long ways and NO funky ingredients.
  • Perissology
    Perissology Posts: 29 Member
    Skippy natural for my Family, it's the only natural one everybody agrees on.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Naturally More or Skippy natural.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    Skippy Natural here too. No one can tell the difference, and it doesn't have hydrogenated oils (which are REALLY bad for you!).
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I grew up on Adams PB and will always have a deep seated love for it. I'll always remember my sister and I hanging out in the kitchen whenever a new jar was opened cuz my dad would always dump into a bowl and use electric beaters to mix all the oil back in then put it all back in the jar. And we'd each get a beater to lick. :)

When I moved out on my own and was lazy with PB I found that of all the brands of cheap and easy PB I liked Jif the best.

When I started MFP and gave up my Jif, I first found Better'N Peanut Butter and found it an acceptable substitute but hated the scary ingredients list.

Then I found PB2 and it's been true peanut butter love ever since. I can't imagine life without it. I use it like normal PB in sandwiches and with stuff like apples, bananas and on muffin tops. But I'll also mix it with hot water and use more than the recommended amount of water to make an instant PB sauce to pour on ice cream or even shake up with a bag of 100 cal popcorn for an absolutely amazing treat.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    if i'm going to the grocery store, i buy natural or organic PB. what i love the most is going to Whole Foods and grinding my own! it's actually not super expensive, either.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    I like PB2 peanut butter also here's their info:

Just choose – 4 jars of PB2, 4 jars of Chocolate PB2, 2 jars of each, OR 3 and 1 – the combo is your choice! Please see our website for more details – www.bellplantation.com

***To take advantage of this offer, please enter the coupon code: PB2ROCKS on the ordering screen
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    I like PB2 peanut butter also here's their info:

Just choose – 4 jars of PB2, 4 jars of Chocolate PB2, 2 jars of each, OR 3 and 1 – the combo is your choice! Please see our website for more details – www.bellplantation.com

***To take advantage of this offer, please enter the coupon code: PB2ROCKS on the ordering screen

OK, this PB2 stuff sounds too good to be true, and I must try this!!!! Can you only order it online??
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Adam's all the way. Best stuff. Yummers :)

I love the ingredients list: Peanuts, less than 1% salt.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I usually get my nut butters freshly made at the co-op. So good.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I grind my own peanut and almond butter at the store. It's cheaper and I can buy a smaller amount. I get annoyed with large jars of natural peanut butter because the oil rises to the top, you stir it in, and then when you get to the bottom of the jar it's super dry, so I like buying a smaller amount more often and not having to deal with it. I add a little kosher salt when I get home.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 531 Member
    I just stopped eating it, theres a lot of stuff I just had to stop eating. most lunch meats, American cheese, mayo, hot dogs, Ice cream, milk for the most part, I do use 2% for oatmeal, cookies, cake, candy and sugar
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Skippy All Natural with Honey. It has no hydrogenated oils and really doesnt seperate in the jar. I love it!
This discussion has been closed.