little rant

Options
mk820
mk820 Posts: 137 Member
Up to now, everyone at work have been very encouraging on my weight loss. I am not in the office much. Yesterday when I went in, a lady gave me a pkg. full of chocolate candies and later in the day 2 ladies tried talking me into choc covered peanut butter candy:huh: . "Five pieces are only 190 calories!!" I try to not eat empty calories. I think they thought I'd have given up by now. I can deal with it, it's just annoying.:huh:

Replies

• Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You must be looking so good they are jealous!
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    I understand that! My mother, whom I love very much, insists on sending me bags of chocolate for Halloween, Valentine's Day and my birthday (which falls around Easter). I end up eating some of it then taking the rest to work and then not going into the staff room all day. Sometimes people don't know what to give as gifts except for sweets/food.
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    I understand that! My mother, whom I love very much, insists on sending me bags of chocolate for Halloween, Valentine's Day and my birthday (which falls around Easter). I end up eating some of it then taking the rest to work and then not going into the staff room all day. Sometimes people don't know what to give as gifts except for sweets/food.
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Monday bring them in little packages of baby carrots as thank you gifts!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You must be looking so good they are jealous!

Haha, yep!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Up to now, everyone at work have been very encouraging on my weight loss. I am not in the office much. Yesterday when I went in, a lady gave me a pkg. full of chocolate candies and later in the day 2 ladies tried talking me into choc covered peanut butter candy:huh: . "Five pieces are only 190 calories!!" I try to not eat empty calories. I think they thought I'd have given up by now. I can deal with it, it's just annoying.:huh:

You wanna REALLY blow their minds? Have a couple and then STILL lose weight, lol. A guy in the office is always bringing in cookies and candy and is well aware of my weight loss efforts. I did the research, made sure I could fit them into my plan and I make sure he sees me eat one or two then the following Monday I proudly announce my loss for the week. It's petty I know but so much fun ;)
  • chubby1978
    Options

LMAO! I love that one!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options

LOL!!! thats fantastic!

i love it when people don't respect my lifechanging choices because it gives me a chance to tell them all about my weight loss and my success and my goals and i suck up a good 10 minutes of their day with this. people in my office are learning not to offer me empty calories :P