Logging Food when you eat out

Options
Hi all,

Just curious - what does everyone do about keeping track of calories when they are eating out either at a restaurant or at someone else's house when they can't find the nutritional information for what they are eating? I try to go places that have nutritional information somewhere and order healthy, etc. but I feel like whenever I travel, it is impossible to keep my log.

Replies

• kmbabywt
    kmbabywt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just curious - what does everyone do about keeping track of calories when they are eating out either at a restaurant or at someone else's house when they can't find the nutritional information for what they are eating? I try to go places that have nutritional information somewhere and order healthy, etc. but I feel like whenever I travel, it is impossible to keep my log.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    It's hard. Most restaurants will have the information for you. Print up the nutritional facts on chicken, meats, fish, baked potatoes and whatever else you may eat and keep a copy in your purse or wallet. The restaurant should be able to tell you the ounces of meat, chick, or fish they are serving. Remember most restaurants use a lot of oil. Ask how it is prepared. You can have them omit the extra oil or have them use olive oil in place of the griddle fry or veg oil they use. Order potatoes without the butter.
    There are a lot of ways to cut back, and still enjoy. Over time it becomes easier. My husband used to do competition bodybuilding and eating out was a challenge especially during competition time. He just ordered grilled chicken with salt and pepper, fresh veggies, and had a salad with a low fat dressing. We never had a problem, all restaurants were always pleased to make the changes.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Go to caloriesperhour.com they have alot the restaurants information on that site.
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    Thanks for the website, here are two more.

http://www.dietfacts.com this one has a lot of name brand foods and restaurants

http://www.nutritiondata.com/ extreme detail here OCD anyone?