Just a thought.....

Options
Has anyone on here ever thought of making an MFP recipe book?

I've been thinking about it all week and now its time to voice my thoughts!

The idea being some members have discovered some incredible recipes for us lot trying to lose weight and eat healthy. I know I've invented dishes I would never have tried before but then I also get to the point where I get lost on what to do with all those fresh veg etc and get bored of cooking the same meals week in, week out.

What Im thinking is if we create our own recipe book - so add some of your favourite meals, smoothies, low fat deserts even! If you want to PM me with your recipe, I will create a PDF booklet and then anyone who wants a copy, I can email a copy over.

Just a thought - what do you guys think?

Replies

• fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thats a fabulous idea!!!!!!
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Love it!
  • isaiahxoxoender
    Options
    Awesome idea!!!
  • tinalina81
    Options
    awesome idea I think this would be great!
    I wonder if we can accumulate some in a thread, lock it with an admin and put it at the top of recipes?
    I am so for this idea!!!!
  • efreeland
    Options
    I just sent you two recipes! Thank you for doing this, it's such a great idea!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I may not be able to get it to you until tomorrow.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! I have found many great recipes on this site, and it would be good to get them in one place.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. I will try to send you a few recipes later
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT idea!!!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive feedback!! Im glad you are all as keen on the idea as I am!

It would be great if you even have a photo of the dish (doesnt have to be anything fab) would also loo good so people can see the end result?

I'm all for making a sticky thread, and I have no problem in being admin for the thread as Im on here everyday anyway!

No rush for people sending recipes this is something I don't mind adding to over the next number of months etc, infact every time theres a new idea I have no problem sticking it in!

Does anyone know who I would need to talk to about creating a sticky thread at all in the recipe section?
  • lynz4589
    Options
    Already got 5 recipes created already!!
  • Kryss1909
    Options
    That's an AWESOME idea!!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Love your idea and love the fact that you're willing to do all the work!:smooched:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Fantastic idea! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • brozer
    brozer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    super idea!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    great idea:smile:
  • lynz4589
    Options
    thanks all - thats the first 6 recipes typed up and in the document already. I will let this run all week and then will email out the first booklet on Sunday of next week if that suits?
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    We need to bump this up to the top : ) I can't wait to try everyones recipes! Yum!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I actually started a daily cooking blog, at the beginning of the year for this exact reason! We do NOT go out to eat, or very, very little and I cook everyday! I love to cook! I was asked, a lot, prior to the new year, by my friends here, about what I was eating for dinner, per my food diary. I too will tweak recipes, make them healthier, invent new recipes, as I did today, and now check out healthy cooking websites, over regular ones, all the time. So I figured I would just blog about it, everyday, so there was a place that my MFP friends could see my recipes and get the nutritional values to.

Feel free to check out my blog and use any recipes that you would like. You can find it at www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    By the way nice of you to bring it up and be willing to admin it! I would love to be on your list for the booklets.

Also, there is a crockpot thread, that has gotten quite HUGE, in the recipes sections, that has a TON of awesome recipes. Could probably be a book in itself! Anyway, if you want to research it go into the recipes section, do a search for crockpot, and I think a couple will show up, but like I said, the best one is quite huge and dates back months ago.