For the analytical types- calories per minute

Options
Hey everyone, I have a bodybugg and it shows calorie burn different than regular hrms, it actually shows me calories per minute burn, which got me to thinking about true workout caloric burn, and how I can log it, cause the BB tracks "activity" not necessarily work out periods , so i'm active 5 minutes going into work, and then 10 minutes her or there, and that adds up through out the day, so to figure out what I actually could log to mpf at the end of the day I would figure how many calories i burned per minute from living subtract that from total calories burned and I would get the "activity" calories. so here is an example

Basic components

60 minutes in an hour 24 hours in a day. (60*24=1440 minutes in a day)

I go under Goals in MPF and it says in a day i burn 1780 calories just living.

so i take 1780/1440 to get 1.236 (i'll round up to 1.3) So according to mpf I burn 1.3 calories per minute living
which btw is pretty accurate according to my body bugg

So now, lets say I work out for 60 minutes, and burn 300 calories (just an example) I take 1.3 *60 = 78 then 300-78 equals 222, which would then be my actual work out burn.

Like i said for the analytical types I am obviously very analytical. :D

Replies

• MarriedMama
    Options
    I like this...I'm going to get the body bugg in April...can't wait! Your reward choice sounds perfect to me :-)
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I had never thought of it that way!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like this...I'm going to get the body bugg in April...can't wait! Your reward choice sounds perfect to me :-)

The BB is AWESOME, but this calculation will work for reg hrms, or calories off the machines as well a you need is your daily burn from mpf, and calories burned in a work doesn't have to be from the BB
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bump :) thanx for posting :) u explain things so well
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    :D Glad y'all found it helpful :D