2 Months & 25lbs pics!

Options
amandat_79
amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
Ok so it's only 25 pounds (since January, over 40 since I first joined in 2008) and I've got a lot more to lose but I'm just so damn proud of myself I have to share. I'm finally just overweight (goodbye obesity!!), none of my clothes fit anymore, I feel amazing and it's all thanks to the support, motivation and kicks in the butt when I need them from my MFP friends.

January 29, 2011

Jan29-11wk1.jpg

Jan29-11wk1-2cropped.jpg

March 19, 2011

Mar25front.jpg

Mar25side.jpg

I am SO embarassed looking at those first pictures but knowing that in 2 months I managed to change my body and my outlook on my diet (meaning eating habits, not "I'm on a diet", diet) in general gives me so much motivation to press ahead and see how well I'll do in another 2 months!!

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • kajunsarah
    Options
    WOW!! you look great. Keep up the good work
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sooooo inspiring!!! You should be super proud of yourself...I'm proud of you too!!! Awesome 'transforming'...can't wait to see you in another couple of months! I don't have any pictures but I've got to get started while I'm still in my first stages of 'transforming'....you have done a wonderful job and keep it up, girl! Congrats!!!!!:wink::wink:
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That is some fabulous progress! Keep it up girl!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you look great. You have made alot of progress in the last 2 months
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Its not ONLY 25lbs its fab ,well done you ,you can really see the difference :smile:
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Wow, fantastic results for 2 months!!! You go girl!!!!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    well done thats fab:smile:
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hugh difference. Keep up the great work.
  • Jane1320
    Jane1320 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Only 25lbs since January?! I think that is awesome! I came back to MFP about a month ago. I joined last summer but didn't last long.One of my biggest problems with weight loss programs has been sticking with them. It seems this time will be different I pray that it is. I went almost a week without going on the website, but today I said gotta get back on track, I exercised and tracked my food. I am obese, 255lbs which is hard for me to believe at times, so I have a long road ahead of me. The most weight I ever lost in my life was 30lbs but that was in 1994. I started gainning it back six months after I lost it and put on another 70 pounds over the last 17 years, about 4 pounds a year. Any tips? What helped you the most? Would appreciate any advise you'd like to give.

Jane B
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    You totally rock girl! I am so proud of you! You look amazing and you should be proud!!
  • cklaver
    cklaver Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't discount yourself, you lost 25 pounds! Think of that as 25 pounds of butter, or a 25 pound turkey. That is amazing!! Keep it up!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That's fan...fab..lous....you done so well...happy for you!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow, and it's noticeable too!
    WTG!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    25 lbs in 2 months is great! Keep up the hard work!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Only 25lbs since January?! I think that is awesome! I came back to MFP about a month ago. I joined last summer but didn't last long.One of my biggest problems with weight loss programs has been sticking with them. It seems this time will be different I pray that it is. I went almost a week without going on the website, but today I said gotta get back on track, I exercised and tracked my food. I am obese, 255lbs which is hard for me to believe at times, so I have a long road ahead of me. The most weight I ever lost in my life was 30lbs but that was in 1994. I started gainning it back six months after I lost it and put on another 70 pounds over the last 17 years, about 4 pounds a year. Any tips? What helped you the most? Would appreciate any advise you'd like to give.

Jane B

I also started out earlier (winter 2008) and gave up after losing my first 30ish pounds - I'd lost weight before that, always the wrong way, using laxatives and binging, the cabbage soup diet, weight loss pills etc etc. In early 2009 I quit MFP because I was still in the mindset that I was on a "diet" and didn't want to do it anymore.

I've decided to adapt a whole new lifestyle for myself this time. Instead of worrying so much about the numbers and timelines I've decided to embrace this site and all of the wonderful people on it. I celebrate their successes and use that as my inspiration. If they can do it, why can't I? If I have a peanut butter cup or even a night where I binge I don't let that ruin all of the hard work I've put in for the days and weeks before that. I let myself eat treats but instead of being a part of my diet every day they are exactly that, treats. I eat the healthy foods I love - including breads and pastas - I just make sure they're whole grain. I haven't denied myself a single thing (EXCEPT second helpings) so there's really no reason to stop.

These are just the things that work for me - the best advice I can give is find what works for you and will help you stick with it and to listen to your body :)
  • PincessMasson
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome girl.
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you look terrific!!! Can really see the changes, keep it up :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job!!keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!