Surprising PR today! Have you hit any milestones?

Options
Etta
Etta Posts: 75 Member
I've been training for a half marathon (this race has an obstacle course!) coming in May. Today I ran 6 miles, the farthest I've ever run nonstop IN MY LIFE! Even when I was playing sports in high school I couldn't do that! I couldn't stop smiling during the last mile cause I was so excited about making this PR.

Have you had any surprising achievements you never thought you'd accomplish lately?

[img][/img]

Replies

• TeriTee
    TeriTee Posts: 38
    Options
    Great job! Six miles is a lot! Good luck on your half marathon :)
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    6 miles!! congrats!! :)

Tell me more about this obstacle course?! What do you do? That sounds awesome!!

The 5k race I did on Thursday, I did in sub 10min/mile, and it felt EASY! never thought I'd say a 5k in less than 31 minutes would feel easy and that I could have pushed harder (if I didn't just give 10 vials of blood to the doc...LOL)
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Way to go on training for a half marathon! (That's, like, a 20K!)

I joined a Run/Walk group that is for everyone from "Couch to 5K" to repeat marathoners. (I am following the 10K plan.) My recent personal milestone was actually passing someone last week! hahaha Every week for two months now, I have been not only passed, but lapped! I was so thrilled to go faster than someone else. LOL
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats katapple! You're a total champ for running minus a pint!
    Keep on truckin' Leigh! I kinda try (or hope to) to catch up with or at least stay the same distance behind whoever is in front if me. It defintely keeps me motivated when I feel exhausted during a run ;-)

The ODD part of the Oddyssey marathon are the runner's costumes and physical & mental challenges. Oh, There's a military style obstacle course & a national mud run this summer!

126046.png
  • dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go on 6 miles!!! I shopped in the misses department today for the irst time in years! And I am NOT goign back to WOMENS!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    that looks awesome! I might have done it if I had known sooner, Philly is not far from me! Hubby and I are going to do a Warrior Dash in the fall together...I'm so excited!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!