craving......

Options
yummy mexican food!!!! it has been several weeks and i did really good last time we went.....but i am craving cheese dip; salsa, guacamole and tortillas!!!

ugh!!

Replies

• ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    yummy mexican food!!!! it has been several weeks and i did really good last time we went.....but i am craving cheese dip; salsa, guacamole and tortillas!!!

ugh!!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Mexican is my favorite!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Then STAY AWAY! I've learned the hard way, that if I have a craving like that and I'm around it, I cave in! But, if I stay away and let it pass...I get over it! I'm a HUGE fan of Mexican and Chinese food and I completely avoid it right now. Eventually I'll work it back in, slowly, but for now, I know I'll cave.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    There is this great dip... its creamy salsa.. YUMMY and only 30 cals a serving... with some light tortia chips it should help the craving...:bigsmile:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    anyone from Minneapolis? you say mexican food? there is a resturant two blocks from my house called el loro, and i swear there must be crack in that food because its sooo addicting!!! great. now i'm hungry!:laugh:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    You could try a healthy tortilla with fat free refried beans, lettuce, diced tomato, and a tablespoon of reduced fat cheese. Sprinkle on a little chili powder and cumin, and toss in some diced jalapeno if you like it spicy! It makes a healthy lunch and might curb the craving!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    YEAH but did you ever notice that chineese and mexican foods are so fattening.. but most mexicans and chinese are skinny... explain what were doing wrong here in america...lol :bigsmile:
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    yay for Mexican food! it is my favorite too! I am actually making a grilled chicken quesidilla tonight for dinner. yum!:bigsmile:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Had chicken fajitas last night with red pepper, onions, mushrooms, fresh salsa and fat free sour cream. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
  • ladywalkalot
    Options
    You could try a healthy tortilla with fat free refried beans, lettuce, diced tomato, and a tablespoon of reduced fat cheese. Sprinkle on a little chili powder and cumin, and toss in some diced jalapeno if you like it spicy! It makes a healthy lunch and might curb the craving!

Maybe I can whip something up....I have black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, spices, chicken, bell peppers.....maybe save enough calories for a margarita???
    THANKS for the suggestions!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    YEAH but did you ever notice that chineese and mexican foods are so fattening.. but most mexicans and chinese are skinny... explain what were doing wrong here in america...lol :bigsmile:

If you actually eat in those countries the food is not the fare we receive here in Canada and the States. N. Americans are addicted to fat and salt and sugar and there is WAY more of that in the way it's prepared here. Sad to say. And most other parts of the world have realistic portion expectations rather than the super-size portion attitude of N. Americans!! Eep....
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Maybe I can whip something up....I have black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, spices, chicken, bell peppers.....maybe save enough calories for a margarita???
    [/quote]

Here's a recipe for "Skinny Girl" margarita...

http://bethennybakes.com/skinny_margarita.htm

I add a splash of Crystal Light lemonade to make it a bit sweeter... It's good stuff!
  • ladywalkalot
    Options

Here's a recipe for "Skinny Girl" margarita...

http://bethennybakes.com/skinny_margarita.htm

I add a splash of Crystal Light lemonade to make it a bit sweeter... It's good stuff!
    [/quote]

I found one that was pretty good on hungry girl that used tequila (duh), lime juice, sprite zero and crystal light mix. It was pretty good!!

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of the Mexican Hot Carrots that they serve in Mexican restaurants and munch on them all week. It might help with the craving for Mexican food.

Combine in a big pot:

3# carrots
    6 seeded Jalapenos sliced the long way
    1 onion sliced about as thick as the carrots
    3 or 4 bay leaves
    1 C Vinegar (use the cheap white stuff)

Add enough water just to cover.

Bring to a rolling boil.
    Add 1t oregano and turn off heat. Leave covered and let it slowly cool. The longer you let it set the hotter it will be. I usually just leave it for 4 or 5 hours.

Drain and pack in snack size baggies.

Yum!