Healthy, tasty slow cooker recipes please!

Options
Hi guys!

The title kinda says it all but I would really like people to post some healthy, tasty recipes that I can do in my slow cooker please! I am getting so bored of eating the same old foods and unfortunately a lot of the recipes in my slow cooker cook books are really fattening! Ideally i'd like recipes that I can make lots of and then freeze to use as and when, but all recipes welcomed!

Thank you muchly!

Tink/Garcia!

XxX

Replies

• jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2 split chicken breasts
    1 can of diced tomatoes w/ juice
    1/2 jar of green olives
    throw it all in together, put on low for 8 hours

The easiest slow cooker recipe ever, but my boyfriend and 3 year old love it!
    FYI look through cooking light webpage, they have plenty of awesome slow cooker "light" recipes
    good luck
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    my BF really likes apple cider stew but i think its blah
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I just throw in some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, some lentils and a bunch of veggies (especially flavorful stuff like shallots, carrots, broccoli, garlic) with a couple cups of low-sodium soup. Cook on high for 20 minutes then turn to low for 7 hours. Always turns out amazing, regardless of what gets tossed in. I sprinkle some shredded sharp cheese (like parm) over the top of my serving, portion out and tupperware the rest for the next few days. Super easy.

But, honestly, just throw in what sounds good. :)
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    4 chicken or boneless pork chops...a big jar of fire roasted tomatoes, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, dry italian dressing mix (optional). It. makes like a chicken or pork stew. It's just something I threw together one day when I had nothing planned ...turned out pretty decent!

Chicken, frozen mixed veggies, 99% fat free cream soup (whatever kind you prefer). cook 8 hours and then mix it with some whole wheat pasta.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    HI all, sorry to sound totally dumb!!! what does BUMP mean

Sarah x
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I just made Pepper Steak today.

2 pounds thin sirloin steak (recipe says to cut into strips, but I put the 3 whole steaks in frozen and took them out and chipped it up when I put in the bell pepper)
    1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    1 onion chopped
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    3 bell peppers cut into strips
    1/4 cup cold water
    1 tablespoon cornstarch

Put the meat, onion, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, ginger, and black pepper in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender (up to 10 hours). Add the bell pepper strips for the last hour. Blend water and cornstarch until smooth and stir into crock pot mixture. Turn to high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. (I used brown rice.) Serves 8.

Without the rice, the nutrition info is as follows:

Calories--320
    Carbs--7g
    Protein--36g
    Fat--15g
    Fiber--1g
    Sodium--660 mg
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Fiesta chicken
    black beans can drained
    can of corn
    5 frozen boneless chicken breasts
    1 cup of salsa
    1 can rotel (diced tomatoes if you like less spice)
    cook all day...
    30 minutes before finished you can add 8 - 12 oz of low fat cream cheese to give it a creamy consistency...
    great on rice
  • edgarmello
    Options
    hi, u can try a book called: anabolic cooking by dave ruel, very good recipes in it.
    and if u google HIGH PROTEIN RECIPES, u can find some good web sites too.

good luck

xx