Working out at Home

Options
2»

Replies

• stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! There a lot of suggestions to try out. Some seem to be seen quite often so I will give those a try. I have been using my Wii and treadmill and am getting quite bored. I appreciate all the advice!

LOL at 'the fluffy'
  • rbrducky
    rbrducky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Leslie Sansone (like many other people who responded! lol) I like her videos because they're cheap($10 at Walmart) and they work REALLY well! I also do Zumba for the Wii and it definitely works up a sweat! Tae-bo is another good one to do. Happy hunting! :)
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have been doing P90 recently, and was doing Your Shape (on Xbox 360 with Kinect) prior to that. I still do Your Shape once in a while, but P90 is at the forefront for now.

I also have a cycle bike, but only use it here and there. It isn't particularly fancy (heck, we got it for free from a co-worker), but it has come in handy on occasion. I've used it a couple of times while watching tv. I would love to have one of the lower/sit-back models - the upright one we have is not comfortable at all to ride more than 30 minutes.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Walking for 30 min around my neighborhood, 30DS, BL last chance workout, BL Cardio Max, P90x Ab ripper X, I am going to be adding in 6 week six pack and banish fat boost metabolism here soon :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    *rasises hand* Another Leslie Sansone fan! Her Walk at Home program is genius. I also like Kendell Hogan Cardio Bootcamp...It's a little more challenging and gets your heart rate up! I also have Zumba Cardio Party which is also challenging, but is so fun! You can go to exercise.tv and find MANY MANY excellent workouts...some you can download for as little as 99 cents! Or, if you have digital cable, you can go to Exercise TV on demand...they have LOTS of great workouts for FREEEEEEEE!

Every Wednesday is now "New Workout Wednesday" for me...I will pick something new from the line up, just to try it...

Good luck on finding something you will enjoy!
  • joolzsd
    joolzsd Posts: 51
    Options
    I have a mini elliptical (inMotion) that I got on Amazon for $80 - it's great for while watching tv. I also have Just Dance 2 for the Wii, and I like dance type workout videos I find on Hulu. I did a Brazilian one the other day - all the twisting killed my core and I was sore the next day. I also walk/jog around the neighborhood. There's a middle school down the street that has some nice hills in the parking lot. My son rides his scooter up and down while I do my intervals.

I want to get some hand weights next.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I am doing Leslie Sansone also..and just got a Jillian that I'm gonna try
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I thought you had to be 18 to be on here!

I understand if this is a rule..but did you see how much this girl has accomplished- I say Good Job to her for her hard work!
  • DSPFanatic
    Options
    I have done many of the dvds that the others have posted on here. I have seen success with The Firm and with Tae Bo. But, I have also seen some great results with resistance training on my own -- weights or resistance bands work great for this. I also do high intensity interval training. I found that working my whole body in intense bursts kept my muscles on their toes--so to speak. My heart rate was up and my muscles were firing!!!

From past experience I found that when I did cardiovascular workouts all the time--running, elliptical, bike, step, walking--my body just adapted and compensated for the work. After a while, I didn't see any more changes and had to workout longer and longer to achieve any real results. I don't know if any of you guys have had the same experience.
  • Splendwhore
    Options
    When I workout at home I do Zumba, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels videos, Hip Hop Abs, Jogging on the treadmill, weights, etc.

Videos are a great way to get in your workouts at home. Just make sure you pick something fun, something you enjoy that will make you excited about working out! It also helps to switch things up every once in a while so you don't get bored and your body doesn't get so accustomed to the workouts that they aren't really benefiting you any more.

Personally, I really enjoy dance videos, and anything that manages to incorporate kickboxing. ^_^
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I usually do 12 hour days with classes and work, so my only option is working out at my apartment. I did a full round of Insanity, and now I'm mixing in Look Better Naked, The New York City Ballet Workout, and Sara Ivanhoe workout dvds. I find that if I do anything too often (like Insanity), I get bored and then my motivation plummets. I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can run outside more too. :-)
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    p90x and elliptical :)