Are you going to keep tracking after you real your goal?

skinnyhopes
skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I think once I reach my goal, I won't count calories, but try to eat healthier.
What about you guys?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    I will continue to count forever. I lost 88 lbs in 2008 and as soon as I stopped paying attention and logging everything I gained it all back! I don't want to do this again so if taking a little extra time to keep track keeps the weight off, I will do it.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    I will weigh myself once a week, and if more than 2lbs goes on I will be back into MFP weight management till I get back on track... If you have a good exercise routine, stay with it...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    YES, I lost 105 lb 12 yrs ago then got sick started not exercising and comfort eating also gained weight from meds and gained it all back. I will track for awhile. But always weigh in once a week if I go up in weight more then 5 lbs I will start tracking calories again.
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    I will keep tracking because I makes me aware of what I am eating. That away I don't get to far off track :)
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    For sure!! It just helps you know what you're eating and how much....it's a lifestyle change.... Good luck! :)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    i will, as this is not a diet for me, it is the way i intend to eat for the rest of my now healthy life *S*
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I've been at goal since August and still weigh every Friday and log everything that goes into my mouth, even on horrible days. Once a month or so I will not log at all and I end up eating horribly that day. It's a mental thing, like "I'm not going to have to write this down so I can have as much as I want." If I did that all the time I'd go back to where I started,,,
    I'm too OCD with numbers and details to ever stop completely.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    I most likely will still count calories. With an app for MFP, it's just quick an easy to track what's going in my body. Plus I hope I'm not the only one, but it's kind of fun. Numbers are my thing hahaha =P
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    I hope to stop logging some day. I sure hope so. :sad:
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    I'll have to decide that when I get there. Right now I hope I would be able to not track because what I have learn of portion control and calorie content shoudl be something I can do offline as well as here. I will likely use the app to look up new things I might want to eat to see the calories and such. My routine at home though will be the same foods so not tracking would be easy at home.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Totally gonna keep tracking, because last time I stopped, it all went to hell and I gained half of it back. I will need to track for some time for sure...maybe even a year! Im here to stay haha...
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    I came of WW and gained a lot! 5 stone in two years..
    I will NEVER be so careless again.
    I might not track when I get to goal, but I will still weigh and will be back on it as soon as it moves!!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    I go back and forth on this. Part of me only thinks about my history of gaining weight back and feels that tracking for the rest of my life is the only answer to stay at a healthy weight. BUT - I have permanently changed the way I fuel and move my body, so the rest of me feels like I will be eating well enough and staying active enough to maintain.

A very close friend of mine lost 40lbs a couple years ago. She does what a previous poster mentioned, she weighs once a week and if she is 5lbs over her goal weight she tracks everything she eats and exercises more to take it back off. She's only had to do that once in the last 2 years. I think that's a good plan, and I'm willing to see if it will work for me when I reach maintenance!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    I'll know more when I get there, but I think I will continue to track.
  • tlkoehl
    tlkoehl Posts: 27
    most definitely, that way I stay inline and not get cocky with the idea that I can do it on my own now when in actuality I can't:):bigsmile:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    I will continue to come to MFP just b/c my goal is never ending, I will always be working on my health, physical and mental and this is a great place to get support! Im also very bad with numbers so i'll need this to count my calories hahaha
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    I most likely will still count calories. With an app for MFP, it's just quick an easy to track what's going in my body. Plus I hope I'm not the only one, but it's kind of fun. Numbers are my thing hahaha =P

Yeah, that. I have never tracked my food intake before because it was a pain to write it down and try to figure it all out. With the mfp app, it's not a big deal.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    You guys are stuck with me.. I'm never leavin LOL
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    I have maintained in the past without tracking. I'll probably just weigh myself once a week to make sure I'm staying on track.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    i think i will track most of the time when i get to goal and weigh weekly buyt when i reach maintenance i may actually give myself one day a week with no tracking
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    I plan on tracking my calories for the rest of my life. My health is too important not too. Can't afford to put the weight back on :0)
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 562 Member
    I'm still quite a ways from my goal weight, but right now, I plan to track after I reach it until I see how easy it is to maintain my desired weight. I'm planning to eat this way the rest of my life, so by that time, my eating habits should be well entrenched.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Right now, my plan is to track calories for a few months at maintenance and then to stop and work on maintaining without it. I do plan on weighing in and starting to track again if my weight fluctuates more than 5-10 pounds.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    As of now, I plan to track for at least six months when I get to maintenance. I want to make sure that I can handle the transition well (even though that transition is still a year+ away). Maintaining my weight will be just as important as losing it, and I will need to learn new skills and get used to eating different quantities. But, I hope, that some day this all comes to me a little bit easier and I don’t have to watch everything *so* closely.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    I agree, Im pretty sure I probably still will try to log everything and keep track of my maitenance calories the best I can so im aware of what im eating but maybe not be so strict with myself about it or as anal about it lol if i dont log here and there, oh well.. Ill give myself a 5lb leway on the scale (since weight constantly goes up and down everyday) and if it starts going over that mark, ill know to get back on here and really LOG everything and get back on track right away. I will still try to log to the best of my ability though, I think this is a great way to keep yourself accountable and aware of what all your eating thru the day!
This discussion has been closed.