Hi. First time dieting.

Options
I just saw the documentary "Fathead" and was wondering if anyone has had luck with that diet?

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Nope. Try to keep in mind that counting calories is a lifestyle change, not a diet ;)
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I saw it and liked it. I won't eat fast food like though. He did it to prove a point that carbs are a major problem when it comes to dieting and losing weight.
  • Doesericsleep
    Doesericsleep Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    the fact is, and always will be a matter of numbers.

in order to lose weight, you must burn more than you consume.

but that's only to lose weight; not necessarily to be in good health. good health comes from eating good, healthy food. so losing weight is kind of easy, all you have to do is move your body more than you already do.

being healthy is a completely different story.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good point Kay...I find myself having to eat more than I did before I started eating healthy just to prevent starvation mode and its a challenge making sure that my fat and sodium cals stay w/in range...The key is definitlely not to look at this as dieting cause it not..its conciously making healthier choices...of course staying within the cal range takes some conscious effort too...but thats not that hard!!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    The key is definitlely not to look at this as dieting cause it not..its conciously making healthier choices...of course staying within the cal range takes some conscious effort too...but thats not that hard!!!

for some people it may be dieting. they may not have an overall issue with poor choices. for me, it has been a constant change in consciousness regarding both emotional and physical comforts and needs of what i was/am consuming.

after a few years it has come a lot easier, but it took me understanding what effect my actions have not only on my body but my environment to really get clear. once i started really eating healthier i am literally unable to bring myself to eat fast food or junk food in any amount even close to what i used to.

one day i realized i must have been putting away 4-5k calories a day! now i eat well under 2k/day and often somewhere between 14-1500 and get plenty of exercise. it's just amazing: i'm way more satisfied with way less.
  • Doesericsleep
    Doesericsleep Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!