Net calories

Options
I've been reading all the posts on the site since I joined and this is my first post. I think I get the concept of eating my calories and so forth, but I still have a question. What should my net calories be? Should it total my BMR? Just a little confused about this, hopefully someone can help clarify the issue.

Replies

• ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi usually I don't worry about my net cals. My goal cals is 1200 and when I exercise I receive some more. Usually I eat a few of those cals.

Ex: Goal cals 1200
    Food cals 1295
    exercise cals 891
    net cals 404
    remaining 796

my exercise cals and net cals add up to the food cals. I ate 95 of my exercise cals and that plus the remaining would be my exercise cals. So in all I just pay attention to the goal cals and food cals.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that your net calories should not go below 1200, but mine often are. Someone told me if I ate more, I would proabably lose more quickly, although I am losing about 2# per week.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a couple of high cal day like 1500. Sometimes I stagger my cals. It's just to trick my body. Because it gets use to the same amount of cals. So trick it so I can still lose my weight. Someone on my friend list showed me that.
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    I think I get it now, I think I'm going to eat back some of my calories but not all and hopefully that will work. Thanks for all the input.