Need Help - Stuck

Options
Hi Everyone,

So I've been working out and eating pretty well and since I've started to watch what I eat, I've lost about 7 lbs. My problem is I am STUCK! I've been stuck at 140-141 for about 2-3 weeks now. Sometimes i go up to 142 and sometimes I go down to 140, I just can't get into the 130's!!! It's super frustrating because I'm only 5 lbs away from my goal at 136.

I do a lot of intense cardio but I could stand to do some weight training.

What do you guys recommend?

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Definately do some weights. It will help.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Try something different. Maybe a new cardio or add in a strength training regimen. Mix it up. Look at your diet and see what you can do to be even more healthy. When you get that close to your goal weight, it gets more difficult to lose weight and you really have to be patient! You can do it!!
  • jelezzierose
    jelezzierose Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    taking a break worked for me...... i was stuck on a plataeu for about 2 months! so for one week i didn't weigh in, i didn't exercise and i didn't track calories (i didn't go mental mind you!! lol) then the next week i went back to my normal routine and weighed in at the end of that week...... voila!!! i dropped 4lbs and over the next couple of weeks i realised the plateau was over :)
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the advise. I'm going to shake it up a bit!! The advise was really helpful!! Plateau's are so hard!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are caused by the body reaching a static point, and the devil is in the details. Either you are not eating enough to fuel your muscles causing a catabolic state or you have just adapted, the body will adapt to damn near everything you do to it. It will always find the easy way out to adapt. So here is how to avoid it;
    1) shake up the diet with a cheat day once every 2-3 weeks, I usually just do it when I have hit that slow down point and back to steady weight loss.
    2) shake up the routine, I highly recommend high intensity interval or metabolic resistance training.
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Darn, our bodies are tricky little devils, aren't they? I will take your advise! Thank you!!