~30 lbs down, with pics! (hopefully..)

Options
Samerah12
Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
Hi everybody! I'm fairly new here and a huge fan of the site. I've lost about 33 lbs over the last 6 months or so and today is the first time I really noticed it in pictures and wanted to share! Green/black sweater is at ~220 at this time last year, blue shirt is today at ~187.

Sam30_Down.jpg

A little about me:

I hit my highest weight winter/spring of 2010 in the run up to my thesis defense. I was about 220, give or take 5 lbs, and 5'7. In the summer and fall of 2010 I made some subtle lifestyle changes (moved further from work but kept walking everyday, moved in with people who liked to cook so I wasn't eating out much) and dropped 25 lbs, back to 195 and plateaued there for a couple of months. After realizing I now had enough time on my hands (broke up with my boyfriend, out of school for the first time in 7 years) and was fit enough to really enjoy working out again I joined a gym. That was about 3 weeks ago. A week later I joined MFP, after 6 months of my moms stubborn insistance (hi mom!). As of today I am 187 which is the smallest I can remember being in 7 years! The "after" pic is me today, trying on new workout clothes b/c I'm too small for my old ones.

Replies

• Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    You look fantastic! And look at your booty!!! ;)
    I wish I had a booty. My kids took it from me during pregnancy. Congrats to you and best wishes on your journey!!!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can totally tell the difference! Be proud of yourself for all the hard work you have done!
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! You shed years too you look much younger :)
  • brayaddie
    brayaddie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look amazing !! Keep up the great work(outs)!!!: smile:
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Smoking hot!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    good job and i'm glad your mom pushed. this is a great place for you to be and she knew it.

keep up the good work as you look awesome!!!!!!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    That's awesome!! Keep up the great work!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Holy difference, batwoman! You are looking totally awesome! Years younger and fitter to boot! LOVE it. As for the mom comment... haha... moms!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look amazing and years younger. I'd also add happier too! :-)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I'm in awe of the difference. You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Congrats as well on the completion of your degree :)
  • Samerah12
    Options
    You look fantastic! And look at your booty!!! ;)
    I wish I had a booty. My kids took it from me during pregnancy. Congrats to you and best wishes on your journey!!!

Holy crap, thanks!!! I am always so annoyed with my booty b/c its the first to go when I lose any weight. Its usually all flat and lame looking. I hadn't even realized it looked like that until today.
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That's so great!! You look awesome! Keep it up!!
  • Pinkribbon_Doc
    Options
    Congrats on your loss thus far youcan really tell the progress you've made!! :) Grad school really does do a number on your weight, huh? Im wrapping up my thesis write now and working on dropping my gradschool acquired poundage too!
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congratulations! I can't wait until I can say that I've lost that much weight.. keep up the great work!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic! You look great!

I wish you much success with the rest of your journey!
  • Samerah12
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! I am indeed pretty stoked to no longer be looking like a middle aged woman. I'll post again when I reach my goal weight!
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very inspiring!! You look Great!!
  • JD1805
    JD1805 Posts: 45
    Options
    Best part about playing this lifestyle/diet change game is people are happy when you lose :)

Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!