What Motivates You?

Options
I need some motivation...I lost some weight, then with the added stress of school getting crazy and the depression of a breakup....I gained all of it back and I am feeling seriously discouraged. What gets you motivated when times are tough?

Replies

• JBRealtorGal
    JBRealtorGal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Especially during a break-up which you have absolutely No control over, I would exercise. You have control over eating and exercising. It's fun to exercise and push yourself to new limits. And on Myfitnesspal you can record how you keep exceeding what you did the day or week before. Charting motivates me. I love knowing that I can push myself and improve my condition daily.
  • JD1805
    JD1805 Posts: 45
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is that I know I am worth fighting for and this is a fight I can win.
    I know that no matter what happens that I caused it. If i gain I know i casued it so that means i am in control of it. If i can make it go up then i can make it go down. Knowing that I am in control it is what i do with that control keeps me going. Keeps me losing.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    pretty clothes,graduation,and I shouldn't say this but I don't care...boys
    and my friends help me
    we're all in a competition
    i've lost almost 70
    they've lost 20 and 15
    they started late xD
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    pretty clothes,graduation,and I shouldn't say this but I don't care...boys
    and my friends help me
    we're all in a competition
    i've lost almost 70
    they've lost 20 and 15
    they started late xD

I have similar motivations haha. I hate that there are so many cute clothes, and they look terrible on my body. I want to look and feel awesome in cute girly clothes. and as shallow as it sounds, I also want to look good for the opposite sex. they are not primary motivation but it definitely plays a role.

I also know that by eating healthier and exercising will make my body so much healthier and I will live longer. I'm only 19 and this is a key time to change my habits because I definitely don't want any obesity related problems later on in life.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    My main motivation is wanting to have children but a more immediate motivation is going on a cruise next year!!!! Eeeeekkk just the thought makes me wanna go to the gym! :laugh: