Should they stay or should they go?

Options
Okay, I'm looking at my closet and trying to figure out what to do with those fat pants that are now too big. They are just one size up from my current size. Should I give them away, or should they stay in the closet one more year, just in case?

Replies

• troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Options
    Okay, I'm looking at my closet and trying to figure out what to do with those fat pants that are now too big. They are just one size up from my current size. Should I give them away, or should they stay in the closet one more year, just in case?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Just in case what?

:wink:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    NOOOO! Get rid of them, that way you can never grow back into them. I just recently cleaned out my closet and it felt so good!:blushing: :happy: Reward yourself and go buy a new outfit!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Ditch the fat pants!!! I finally ditched mine a few weeks ago - feels wonderful!!! Plus there's all this extra room in my closet. Just waiting. Hmmmm. :happy: Yeah - waiting to be filled up with pants from my new smaller size!! Woohoo!!! :drinker: Go for it!!
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    Definitely get rid of them, you don't need them anymore!!! :smokin:
  • troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm going to clear out my closet right now!
  • PishPish97
    PishPish97 Posts: 34
    Options
    Get rid of them...If you ever have to purchase that size again (or any size bigger then your current size), you should look at it as a wake up call. Plus it's a lot harder to "grow" into clothes you don't have.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them! You will feel so much better when you can go into your closet and not have to look at them.
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    I may be the only one to say this..but I say you should keep a pair! But ONLY because once you get down to your goal weight, looking back at an actual visual of how long you've come and seeing all your hard work pay off. It's definitely more rewarding than just throwing them away! Trust me!! You'll never go back once you try them on and your like WOW!!! :flowerforyou:
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    Yeah...I agree.

But don't throw them in the garbage!! - Donate them!! Someone probably needs them as badly as you need some new pairs of pants. You'll be feeling twice as good for losing the weight and helping someone in need!

Maybe jamster is right...too...but just one pair (the biggest!)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I plan to keep a FEW things around....since I have gone down several sizes, only like a size or two bigger just because I am looking to get pregnant again soon and I figure those things will come in handy then!! BUT, other than that...I am going to donate or take to a consignment shop.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I may be the only one to say this..but I say you should keep a pair! But ONLY because once you get down to your goal weight, looking back at an actual visual of how long you've come and seeing all your hard work pay off. It's definitely more rewarding than just throwing them away! Trust me!! You'll never go back once you try them on and your like WOW!!! :flowerforyou:

Oh I definitely agree with you. I need to clean out my closet and get rid of all the fat clothes. When I finally do, I'm keeping one pair of fat pants just for the reason you mentioned. :bigsmile:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options

Oh I definitely agree with you. I need to clean out my closet and get rid of all the fat clothes. When I finally do, I'm keeping one pair of fat pants just for the reason you mentioned. :bigsmile:

I totally agree. :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    GET RID OF EM!!!!!! I read that keeping them around almost subconciously says I may get big again, and they almost act as a safety net, by not having them, you cant relax on a diet... Although the idea of keeping at least one outfit around to show yourself progress is fantastic!!!!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Get rid of them!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Get rid of them. Don't give yourself the option of having clothes that fit "just in case" you gain the weight back. (Trust me, I've been there!) Get rid of them, and then heaven forbid you gain any weight, you'll be forced to lose it again to get back into your clothes properly!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Get them out of there fast. Give them to a thrift store. There is someone out there who was a size larger than that who will appreciate them as their new skinny pants.

Go buy yourself some nice pants in the next size down and hang them in your closet as a goal.

Congratulations on your new size.