Smoking and weight loss....

Options
so i want to quit smoking but i am TERRIFIED it will affect my weight in a negative way! i am not worried about replacing cigarettes for food as i believe i can control that pretty well.... i am worried about the things i can't control such as what the lack of nicotene will do to my body and how it will affect my weight.

has anybody else quit smoking recently and how did you find it affected you?

Replies

• sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    bump. Interested in replies
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hate to frighten u but I quit smoking last year and put on approx 28lbs, however I think I was just unsub contiously eatinhg everytime I hsd a craving and I wasn't really thinking about it, so as long as u can control that and stick what ur doing u should be fine! Good luck xxxx
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third day...food hasn't been a big deal, but let me tell ya my fuse is shorter then the tip of ur pinky finger nail (lol)..But on the bright side I was actually able to run some during my walk today :)
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/194113-needing-help-with-another-issue-smoking

Come join this group were you can get support

I never gained any weight when I quit smoking. I have been this weight for 5 years or so.
    You have made the choice to be healthy by what you put in your body to include stop poisoning yourself.
    YOU Can change the Habit.
    The Habit of what to do when your mad, stressed, upset, bored or out drinking.
    You can Change the Habit of smoking after meals, talk instead
    DRINK COLD WATER EVERYTIME YOU NEED WANT OR CRAVE A SMOKE this will also help with choosing the food as well and we all need to drink more water :)
    CHEW Gum, if you need a smoke dont choose food choose gum, chew it all the time if needed. KEEP a BIG container with you.
    DONT GO to the places you go when you smoke at work
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
    YOU are making lifestyle changes to be healthy YOU WONT GAIN Weight cause your changing the habits of bad eating and smoking.
    CLEAN YOUR HOUSE, READ A BOOK, EXERCISE. BREATHE, GO FOR A WALK, CRY, SCREAM and KEEP TELLING YOURSELF I CAN DO THIS IN THE BEST WAY. IF YOU NEED HELP with a patch, medicine its ok BUT QUIT and DONT CHOOSE FOOD as a replacement.
    KEEP the reasons your making these changes in your mind always.

CONGRADS ON MAKING THIS CHOICE
  • indienial
    Options
    I put on about 10lb, but honestly, I feel so much healthier that I don't care. And now I can exercise effectively!
    I am finding it harder to lose weight than I did when I smoked, so be prepared that your weight loss may slow down. But as my doctor says, it's still healthier to be *a few* lbs overweight than to be a smoker. Plus you won't stink any more.

Good luck!