Eating my calories

Options
I am reading all about eating the required number of calories to lose weight. I do not eat that many calories! I am scared that if I dont I will not lose anything?? I would be eating all day long, and the stuff I eat isnt high in calories anyway. Im a little frightened by this:(

Replies

• tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    I am reading all about eating the required number of calories to lose weight. I do not eat that many calories! I am scared that if I dont I will not lose anything?? I would be eating all day long, and the stuff I eat isnt high in calories anyway. Im a little frightened by this:(
  • liltwynkl1
    liltwynkl1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem too! everyday i have like 500 calories leftover, but feel content throughout the day....
  • tweety3
    Options
    are you losing?
  • liltwynkl1
    liltwynkl1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yeah, and i feel really good. i think i do the same as you, i just choose low calorie foods so it's hard to reach my calorie number
  • mecm16
    mecm16 Posts: 13
    Options
    I was having the same problem. My calorie intake is supposed to be 1200 but I've been exercising quite a bit every day. There is no way I could even eat all the calories I'm supposed to once you take in what I earn from exercise. I'm eating really healthy filling whole foods (like lots of veggies and lean protein and complex carbs), so I'm not hungry and I'd also be eating all day if I tried to reach my allowed calorie intake. My trainer just said to keep it between 1400 and 1500, and as long as I'm not feeling hungry then it's fine. I've lost 10 pounds in two weeks, so that seems to be working for me.
  • tweety3
    Options
    as long as I lose I am not going to try to eat too much more:(
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Try incorporating calorie-dense foods like avocado, hummus, add olive oil based dressing to salads etc. What about a protein shake made with chocolate protein powder, banana, juice and berries? TONS of nutrition and high in very healthy calories.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem with not eating the extra calories from working out then I stopped losing. Once I added about 300-400 more calories to my diet per day I began losing regularly and easily. If this happens, be sure to try adding and see what happens. I changed from eating things like fat free sour cream and cheese to low/reduced fat while still controlling the portions. This helped to add extra calories and fat (which I was under eating) to my diet without having to eat a ton more food. I also liked to add in an apple and peanut butter or fruit and an ounce of yummy cheddar cheese. Anything with protein and fiber to keep me full longer so I never actually got hungry. It really worked for me. I've not been on track for a while and just started back with working out and counting my calories regularly again this week so hopefully it all still works the same for me.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Try incorporating calorie-dense foods like avocado, hummus, add olive oil based dressing to salads etc. What about a protein shake made with chocolate protein powder, banana, juice and berries? TONS of nutrition and high in very healthy calories.

I second this. You need to make sur eyour body gets the calories it needs. You will still lose if you eat too few calories, but it will be slow, and when you DO eat the amount you should, you will gain weight quickly. Healthy foods like avacado and bananaare shockingly high in calories, so are nuts and seeds, some meats and cheeses.
  • kody1234
    kody1234 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness....I've had this problem today. I was doing really well with this site for a few weeks. I've been off of it for a few weeks now though. Last week I found the website www.iwantsixpackabs.com and I was really excited about starting that workout/diet plan....though when I started yesterday I kinda realized I wasn't strong enough to do it all yet...so I need to tweak the reps and stuff....but anyways off track I decided that I'd try and get my eating in check(not that I eat badly but I need to try and eat the right stuff) Today I thought I did soooo good....so I decided to come on here and log everything....I only had 695 calories today! I'm STUFFED! I couldn't possibly think I could eat any more today....I don't even know what to do....I guess I'll take the advice posted today and add in some avocados and such....(the only thing I was good at...actually over was protein....)
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    in all honesty, it is hard for me to eat all my calories too... but i've learned to listen to my body as well. if one day i don't eat enough, i'll feel it the next day when i go to exercise. i'll feel weak and lethargic. so i try to snack just a little bit more and add more calorie dense food to my diet.

it's hard because you feel like you're eating too much; but eating under 1200 calories when you have exercised 400 calories off... really your body only has 800 calories worth of energy to use! NOT ENOUGH!!!!
  • tweety3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I like the protein shake idea and the fruit.. peanut butter has been an enemy for soo long, I would love to add that back in!! Lets see what tomomrrow brings!! Thank you all!