MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok guys tonight i really didn't feel like doing any kind of exercise. TOM is coming!! I still decided to push through it and I had such a great workout. Everyone is doing great, which i am glad to see.
    Well i have done a total of 209mins of exercise out of my 300mins goal. So glad that i am pushing myself to points I wouldn't believe i would have!! This journey has its up and downs but its all worth it!!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has slowed down significantly this week. A little frustrating but it's just a momentary hiccup, it'll bounce back! I'm going to push through!! :D
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    GL today Laura!!!!
    Lady, AWESOME job - I'm proud of you. Even though you didn't want to do it, you still pushed through!!! Congrats!
    Ang, I thought you were giving up the scale this week. :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: I'm teasing you! You will bounce back and you WILL push through!!! I am here for you!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    This week is just not my week. I am SO hungry and I ate my sandwich for lunch and was still SO ravenous! So I went to the cafeteria here at work. Oh, everything looked SO good. They had all of my favorites there.... spaghetti and meatballs, chicken parm, chili, pizza, cheesecake... I MEAN COME ON!!!!! I went for the herb roasted potatoes and only got half a serving and then I made a side salad... but now I feel terrible. My sodium for lunch alone is out of control and I only have 686 calories left for the entire rest of the day - 7 hours! Blah.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Suz.... I hate days like that. That is the way my 12 hr shift go and they suck something terrible

Hump Day check in:

96 mins for a total of 224/400 mins

Under cal goal

Today was weigh in day at work and I gained .08 lbs. I am not gonna fuss too bad. It could have been a LOT worse lol

Hope everyone has had a good Hump Day.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone made it over the hump. Now it's just time to push to the end of the week. We can do it!

I did my training today, but it doesn't seem like I'm making much headway on the endurance front. We'll see this weekend. Who knows how my body will adjust over the next few days? I'm still optimistic!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2.25 miles tonight
    W1 D1 C25K workout
    and 10 mins of weight training
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    So I cheated a little and got in the scale a few days early and I won't give the number since it isn't official ... But I was pleased. But I am worried. The end of the week is always tough, lots of eating out. I need to be strong for the next few days so I can make my two pound goal for the week. Wish me luck.

Sorry have been able to check in to much. Hope u all are doing well. Looks like we are all doing a great job moving and grooving!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Everyone looks like they are well on their way to their goals. Great Job! I am 205/350.
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Thursday morning check-n:
    95/150 mins... 4/5 lbswill write more from work!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Like some of you have already said--I'm *happily* surprised by the growth of this group (thanks Dee). I've made part one of my goal: lost the weight from the extended vacation with my brother for mardi gras and the beach and I'm finally down more than when I left for nola :) My dad has been home this week which has been a huge help for me because I much prefer walking with a partner (and the treadmill has official died lol). As Dee already knows my dad did JM yoga meltdown with me the other day and it was great! (I was super proud that when we were on the ground he was looking over at me to know what the moves looked like because the tv is too high to see well.) As for part two of my goal I'm at 115/200 min and I plan to go for a walk today and maybe even convince my dad to have some JM time lol. Thanks to everyone who is part of this and Dee for starting it. I'm proud of every single one of you :flowerforyou:
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    SV - I BROKE 20 POUNDS THIS MORNING!!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy:
    I see my first mini-goal in sight!!! Sorry for the weird typos this morning... I posted from my Blackberry.

Beth - WTG! So glad your dad is being a good sport and moving and grooving, too!
    Quilt, Mak - GREAT WORK!!!
    Kris - you are doing great! I bet you're so excited to be acheiving your goal this month!
    Sam - you can do it!!! Keep up the good work!
    Laura - today is a new day... yesterday and the couple of days before SUCKED but I think I've managed to get it out of my system. I, too, work at a hospital and even though the cafeteria boasts healthy food... they still have some ridiculous temptations!!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm changing things up a bit for myself this week. I'm trying to eat my "larger" meal at lunch rather than dinner, and then eat lightly once I get home. I've been eating later/staying up later the past couple weeks and I'm wondering if this change will help confuse my metabolism a bit. My loss has slowed considerably this week (but it's still a loss so I'm not complaining), so I'm starting to wonder if I should have altered my first mini-goal the way I did! LOL
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beth for those kind worde. Is your dad on MFP? He could join our group here. I think it is wonderful how you are working together.

This group has grown to an extended FAMILY and wonderful group of supporters.

Today is my turn to be down.

I came home from work early yesterday with a very painful tailbone. To the point that I needed TWO canes to walk. :-(

Now, I have Arthritis, and I also fell down steps about 15 or more years ago. I have bout 3 flair ups a year to where my tailbone hurts. But NEVER like yesterday. I still feel like crap, and am going to the doc tomorrow. :-(

I am going to change my exercise goal this week since I can't exercise anymore till I am seen.

So I guess my goal for the rest of the week will be to stay within my Diary Calorie Guidelines. :-( I went over yesterday, and not exercising did NOT help me. So I have 3 days to work it and KNOW that I will. ;-)

Oh well, this too shall pass.

Keep up the good work everyone. You are all going well, and if ya have a slip up, you all seeme like you are taking control immediately!!

PS I swear that our Suz, is on The Biggest Loser Ranch with her kind of weight loss!! Can you be MY coach Suz????
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm changing things up a bit for myself this week. I'm trying to eat my "larger" meal at lunch rather than dinner, and then eat lightly once I get home. I've been eating later/staying up later the past couple weeks and I'm wondering if this change will help confuse my metabolism a bit. My loss has slowed considerably this week (but it's still a loss so I'm not complaining), so I'm starting to wonder if I should have altered my first mini-goal the way I did! LOL

Ang
    I think that's a GREAT idea!! Good Luck!!
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am brand spanking new. I don't even know what I'm doing on here but trying to log food and exercise to start. I have a LONG way to go but today is a good day and so was yesterday. :)

5964647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Dee sorry ton hear about your tail. I KNOW anything that has to do with your tail or lower back is PAINFUL!!!! Hope the doc can fix it.

Check in for the day is

90 mins for 314

Right now I am under cal goals. however the night is still young.

I might do more exercise just so I can have a snack later tonight. BONES is on tonight and I gotta have my BONES
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    1.75 miles tonight
    W1 D2 C25K workout
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH!! HELP! Too much eating out. My husband is out of work and he's been really down, so he met me for lunch today, Red Robin... YUM :smile:
    I had a grilled turkey burger, no mayo, and only ate half the bun, and I sub'd a side salad for the fries. So that wasn't too bad. I figured ok 1 meal out no worries.
    After work I went to the dentist, so I got home a little later then usual. I came home, hoping to start dinner... but there wasn't anything out to make. Hubby didn't feel like eating at home.. <sigh> so out we went again. To a local fast food type joint. I tried to be good again. Grilled chicken on a pita, no mayo, large greek salad, and i only used a little of the dressing. I ate about 3/4 of the pita and all the salad, but I feel so full.
    I fear that all the eating out is working against me... Extra fat and sodium.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Woo hoo I'm already 470 minutes through of my 750 minutes walking goal.. Still have friday saturday and saunday( we count Sunday right?) I might cross 750 :P