Tired of looking in magazines at girls my age but 40 pounds

Options
edit: the title is supposed to read "Tired of looking in magazines at girls my age but 40 pounds lighter"

Hi everyone. I want to lose 35lbs so I can get back to the size I was before putting on all this weight (it only took me a few years of working around junk food and ice cream to gain all this). I'm turning 20 this May and I want to actually be able to enjoy being young as opposed to spending it in a fat suit.

I decided to join My Fitness Pal because I feel like without people to talk to, a community to motivate me, I'll just get frustrated and give up.

I'm most nervous about cutting down calories because I loveeee eating, especially the yummy but terrible stuff!

I've been trying some Wii Fit and plan on buying Just Dance 2 since getting a gym membership is out of the question. I'd love to have people to talk to on here so... hello!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! I wish i would have found this when i was 20...but better late than never right?

Have you thought about running...its really changed my life (see my blog for details).

Best of luck and I'd love to be friends to help support you!
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Great to have you here. Feel free to friend me if you like. I could use all the support and encouragement I can get. I will try to do the same for you.
  • seemae
    seemae Posts: 38
    Options
    welcome to the site! I wish i would have found this when i was 20...but better late than never right?

Have you thought about running...its really changed my life (see my blog for details).

Best of luck and I'd love to be friends to help support you!

Definitely better late than never. I've tried running and while I like doing it on a treadmill, the moment I try running outside I find myself clinging my sides and gasping for air within a block or two. Weak lungs, I suppose.
    Great to have you here. Feel free to friend me if you like. I could use all the support and encouragement I can get. I will try to do the same for you.

I know what you mean, I feel like I'm going to be coming to this site a LOT to keep me motivated.