New :)

Options
Hi! I'm newish. I have used myfitnesspal but not used the boards yet. I am slightly overweight, about 5-10lbs. I want to lose 20lbs total. I've lost 5 so far. I had lost more but springbreak was a bit of an off week though I did keep up on exercising. I am also starting to run again. Finished week 1 c25k this week. Starting week 2 tomorrow. Hoping that helps. I am doing a twist on the slimfast 3-2-1. Most days I have 2 regular meals instead of just one. It seems to be working for me since I don't have a lot of time to make a big production out of breakfast and dinner. I try and stay between 1200-1500 calories a day and cut out alot of unhealthy things like coke, bad snacks and replaced them with tea, water and fruit. I also work out 5-6 days week doing cardio for 30-45mins + muscle training. C25k will be included in caridio. Loving it so far and no shin splints which I got the last time I started running.

Replies

• jps385
    jps385 Posts: 5
    Options
    I find I'm eating more often since I've been on MFP. I think this has helped as it keeps your metabolism going and stops your body going into starvation mode. The difficult part is balancing all the different food groups on a day to day basis. But having the app on my phone makes this easier.

I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day, and I've seen some great weight loss results. But my body is just about starting to look good again. I was losing weight, but looking flabby still. I was almost going to stop the diet when I read a great article about 'water weight' and 'glycogen' in the muscle. It inspired me to carry on!

Good luck with your transformation! I hope you hit your goals!