wardrobe question

Options
Thanks in advance ok I'm I've been doing fairly well as of late in my weight loss journey dropping pound and sizes but I seem to be stuck in shirt size. My pants are quickly getting to my goal size of 36 which is just awesome! But my shirts are still a 2x which is sizes 50-52 in the chest which I've been wearing for the past year and a half my question is us it normal to have such extreme difference in sizes Oh yeah I'm wearing a lose size 38 woot

Replies

• xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Could it be that you are working the upper body more so increasing muscle rather than just losing the fat?

I know that its different as im female but ive lost 7 inches from my waist but only 3 inches from my hips!! I think it will even out over time( well i hope so anyway!!)
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    Everyone loses weight at a different pace. I drop all of my weight off of my stomach, arms and back before ANYTHING comes off my hips, butt or legs! I wind up looking ridiculous for a while!

Unfortunately its just a matter of waiting it out, eventually your body will run out of 'easy to burn' fat around your bottom half and decide to move up into the top section again! Trust me! The first time I dropped 20kilos, I lost 11 kilos off my top half but I didnt drop a centimetre under my belly button until I got past that point.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    your chest may not have shrunk but your stomach has. you are probably going to have to get your shirts taken in. if you go to your cleaners they can do it for you for a couple of bucks. i agree with the others that we all loose differantly in our bodies. i am bigger on top than on bottem too. i wear 2x because of my chest and an xl on the bottem.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    That's pretty much what I figured it's just annoying to have to buy big an tall sizes on shirts and regular on pants