Options
My friend Barb just recently introduced me to myfitnesspal and so far I really enjoy it, I learn something new about it everytime I log on. I am in my late 40's and weight management has always been an ongoing battle, but now losing is extremely difficult. It's often frustrating, but I am determined to succeed. So I wish us all the best! :bigsmile:

Replies

• mmaboydwechanged
    Options
    Welcome:smile:
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Great to have you here. Feel free to friend me if you wish. I hope you have a great weight loss journey. I will not say it won't be tough but in the end it will be a big success.
  • CrystalCzarnecki
    CrystalCzarnecki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone!!
    I am newer to my fitness pal. I started in Feb. I am really enjoying it. I like that it has an iphone app so that I can record whatever I eat when I am eating it. I have been working hard to obtain my goal weight. My journey started last May. I started out with the HCG diet. I am not sure if you have heard of it... but it is a very difficult diet where you eat only 500 calories per day I went through July 5th on the diet and had great success. I was a type 2 diabetic and taking metformin 2 times a day. After my diet I no longer had to take the meds. I lost about 35 lbs in that time frame. I explained to my Dr. what I had been doing... and although she was not happy... she did like the results. I decided to see if the weight loss would remain by eating healthy and it did. I saw my Dr. again in Feb. and told her that I wanted to join a gym and eat healthy and continue on my journey. Since I have started in Feb... weight loss has been slow but steady. I am hoping to reach my goal weight by summer. I only have 31 pounds to go!! Wish me luck and happy dieting!!