Beautiful Blues 03/19/2011

Options

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey blues,

Sorry I've been mia this week quite a bit - too many birthday parties. I hope all has been good with you all.

I sent e-mails to people to remind me to send their weigh ins. I will post a board this week once I get more responses.

Have a great day.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I've been MIA for a while. My weight is slowly creeping back up since I'm having trouble exercising. I go tomorrow for an MRI of my back/leg. Physical therapy did not help much so I'm going to see what is actually wrong with it. I went for a walk with my son yesterday and my leg was pretty much numb the whole time. We went kayaking yesterday evening and had a great time. I can do the elliptical without too much pain but I hate it. I really miss P90X. It was my favorite. Praying to get rid of this pain so I can get back on my wagon again. Hope you all are well.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Tammy I hope you start feeling better soon. My hubby had a back injury three years ago where his leg started to go numb. He ended up having a herniated disk. After a couple of injections it got much better and now only bugs him if he does too much ... Hopefully your injury won't be too serious on MRI.
    Mary the extreme makeover sounds like it was fun with the kids. Hard work is therapeutic I think. I am glad your mom is doing better.

I will try to check in more often. I have been running on little sleep which doesn't bode well for my eating habits. I am officially at my prepregnant weight though so that is exciting. Now I just need to get back to work. I am awaiting the moment when I can exercise again. It's been a long time since I was exercising daily.

Have a great one!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Deb-is baby here?! Did I miss it?! I know I've been MIA I'm missing so much:sad:

Tammy-good luck I know how hard the back deal can be.

Ultimate-thank you for the weigh in reminders...I will weigh in this week.

Mary-that's a big step for your mom - yay!!

Hi Kathy-great to see you!
    Hi Peter!!

Been running again. Did 4 miles sunday-going to walk tonight, run 3 tomorrow, run 4 sometime over the weekend (maybe at our hotel on the dreadmill) Been trying to do a bit of strenght each day - just random upper body stuff for now.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Yes he's here! Born the 21st he's very healthy and growing like a weed. I am getting a little sleep. I can't complain though.
    Keep up the running I'm looking forward to when I can exercise again!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good to see everyone today! Hope all are doing well.
  • debnu1
    Options
    We'll keep this board going, like the energizer bunny!

We should have a goal of checking in daily this week. What do you think?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Deb-congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Post pics!

I like the goal of a daily check in.

Yesterday-I did run 1/walk 3 but was still over about 300 calories....yesterday is done - moving forward today. Chinese food is KILLER!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Ok Chrissy, you asked so heres a pic...

bradley.jpg
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Ok Chrissy, you asked so heres a pic...

bradley.jpg
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh SO cute.

Pondering life.?
  • msh0530
    Options
    What a darling little boy!

I will try to pop in daily. Happy Hump Day to all!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so precious. And yes I agree-he's trying to figure this world out!
  • thumper44
    Options
    How is everyone doing ladies?...
    What's everyone's plans as it starts getting warmer out there?

I'll assume that some of you had a cold winter and are it is starting to get warm where you are.

Get the legs going. Go for a nice walk and enjoy nature. I'm getting ready to go for a jog.today before work.

One thing I've noticed in my healthy lifestyle choices.
    I do 100% almost by the book when I'm working afternoons.. I get a workout in, plan foods properly, take a good dinner to work with snacks. It's my day shifts that I seem to have a problem.
    I'll be going on to afternoons in next two weeks, so I'm hoping to take it up a gear, and keep it there.

What's everyone's choices to tweek their lifestyle better in the next month than it was in the previous month? :smile:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am just going to get back into a routine. I have not really had one lately and what I have eaten lately attests to that. I am also going to start buying fruits and veggies instead of junk food!

Peter have you tried planning you day the night before? If you pack your food so you can grab and go it may help.

I am getting itchy for summer and exercising. I think I will start with some simple stretches at night and work up to walking etc. I have not figured out the when yet. I do much better if I exercise first thing in the morning. But getting up early enough burned me out last time. I am debating between mid day and evening. I guess I'll figure it out as I figure out my routine.

I think my boy is definitely trying to figure out the world. I am biased but I think he is extremely cute! :)
  • thumper44
    Options
    I am just going to get back into a routine. I have not really had one lately and what I have eaten lately attests to that. I am also going to start buying fruits and veggies instead of junk food!

Peter have you tried planning you day the night before? If you pack your food so you can grab and go it may help.

I am getting itchy for summer and exercising. I think I will start with some simple stretches at night and work up to walking etc. I have not figured out the when yet. I do much better if I exercise first thing in the morning. But getting up early enough burned me out last time. I am debating between mid day and evening. I guess I'll figure it out as I figure out my routine.

I think my boy is definitely trying to figure out the world. I am biased but I think he is extremely cute! :)
    Deb you figure your your walkikng pattern and I'll figure out my packing planning. :smile: If it's hard to wake up early every morning, I would just try to get a mid day or evening routine. I think you'll stray away from it less easily.. id those mornings where your tired and want to sleep in. If you have it planned in afternoon/evening, might stick to it easier.

I did plan in the evenings for the next day, I packed my lunches, snacks. We would cook meals in the evening, I'd take left overs for lunch etc. Then it would just stop. We would cook and maybe not have leftovers. Id' be busy in the evening and forget to pack my lunch, breakfast. Then a revolving circle.
    In the mornings, I get up shower and get out the door, no time for packing lunches, so I DO HAVE tgo make it the night before if I'm going to succeed.

Well, good news. I just jogged another 8kms today. I pushed through and jogged further and walked less. 1st lap though was regular pace(32 mins - 8min/km pace). So 2nd lap I had to push even more and walk less. 30 mins.
    8kms in 62 mins.
  • msh0530
    Options
    I have to have my lunch planned and packed before I go to bed. Same with snacks, or I am planning to fail. I am not enough of a morning person and I know it.
    I am hoping to add yard work to my workout routine soon. I will typically do well with that for the first few weeks of spring, then start getting lazy with it. Maybe this year I can break that cycle.
    And Deb, he is a right cute kid!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Question above was:

Question.
    Do any of you have a belt/ouch/pack of some kind to hold a water bottle?
    I was also thinking, I jog close to my house, so no keys, but if I want to drive to a park to jog around a track i have to bring keys with me. I can't just put them in my pocker, as I'd be afraid they would bounce out.

What do you use?
    I know jogging room or stores of that sort have specially designed stuff, but just looking for something simply from walmart perhaps?

Thanks
    Peter

Answer:

If you are looking for a simple way to carry small items like a key or cash while running or hiking, no special purchase needed - just take a sandwich baggie from your kitchen and safety-pin it to the inside of the waistband of your shorts/pants. The snugness of your waistband will keep the items from bobbing and jiggling; they will be secure and dry.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I have to have my lunch planned and packed before I go to bed. Same with snacks, or I am planning to fail. I am not enough of a morning person and I know it.
    I am hoping to add yard work to my workout routine soon. I will typically do well with that for the first few weeks of spring, then start getting lazy with it. Maybe this year I can break that cycle.
    And Deb, he is a right cute kid!

Peter, now that I am thinking about it, I think I will start exercising mid morning or mid afternoon--whenever the little boy starts taking naps, regularly. It is really hard to plan ahead. I did my best when I was prepared, once I stopped the planning I lost it. I guess it goes back to the saying if you fail to plan you plan to fail. It might help to have a back up plan for when you don't have leftovers, like a can of chicken mixed with miracle whip some celery and cashews in a pita--veggies on the side. Quick and easy, no planning needed. :)

DeBlue, thanks for the tip--I never thought of a sandwich baggie. Cheap and easy!
  • thumper44
    Options
    If you are looking for a simple way to carry small items like a key or cash while running or hiking, no special purchase needed - just take a sandwich baggie from your kitchen and safety-pin it to the inside of the waistband of your shorts/pants. The snugness of your waistband will keep the items from bobbing and jiggling; they will be secure and dry.

Thanks Deblue. That's a great idea and would totally take care of the car key if I drove somewhere, but wouldn't answer the water bottle situation.
    I ended up buying something at walmart that holds my phone, waterbottle and anything else (keys) for $15
    Something like this.
    1025216.jpg
    hehehe Mary, I thought that was me who typed this.. I had to read back and double check. Well I know I"m not the only one in this situation.

Debnu,
    Yah my backup plan used to be lean cuisines, blue menu's healthy smarts in the freezer. I've ran out of those and need to stock up. . Your quick meal does sound delish though :smile:
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Blues,

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I've been swamped lately. As the warmer weather comes around, I am enjoying my games of ultimate frisbee outside more. Today was the first day where I didn't have to wear under armor and it was great. For this month, I am going to try and get back to watching what I'm eating. It's really hard since I have gotten use to eating what I want without keeping a complete eye on calories but thankfully I haven't gained much back since the winter started.

Debnu - Cute baby

Please send me your weigh ins tomorrow and I'll send out an updated chart :)