Looking for someone to keep me accountable and to give me a

Options
Looking for someone to keep me accountable and to give me a butt kicking!

I am looking for someone who is not afraid to call me out on things, like a Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser or a boot camp drill sargent.

I need someone who can check into my food diary and exercise diary on a regular basis
and someone who feels comfortable calling me out on things (e.g., You didn't exercise today or you ate way too many unhealthy snacks today or you haven't been tracking your food or you are over your calories today)

Before My Fitness Pal I had a friend as an accountability partner and I was motivated to lose weight as I knew we would weigh in weekly and I didn't want to have to tell my accountability partner that I didn't meet my weekly goal.
Since my accountability partner would be checking up on me it keep me "in line". She needed to lose less weight than I did so our partnership ended when she finished her weight loss.
Then I had another accountability partner who was Facebook friend but she didn't check in regularly so I could get away with things and I didn't worry about what I put in my diary or bother doing my diary at all at times when I knew she was no longer checking.

I replied to 2 posts on My Fitness Pal in response to people frustrated with their weight loss and wanting support and we were supposed to hold each other accountable and be support buddies but I haven't heard from either of them since we first connected.

So, if I am going to lose this weight once and for all I need someone who will truly keep me accountable and who I will be "scared" of knowing they will be cheking up on me.

I need to be held accountable for these three goals:
(1) Stay under my calories 6 days a week.
(2) Exercise 20 - 30 minutes a day 5 times a week.
(3) Drink 4 glasses of water a day.

As time goes on I will increase my water intake.
I will try to increase my exercise goal but I injured my toes in December and they still haven't healed yet :( so the only exercise I have been able to do since then is walk.
I will also work on making more healthy choices as I am unfortunately a picky eater and don't like a lot of healthy foods but as the years go by I keep making some improvements so I will keep up with that progress. I will also try to work on being less of a "heater upper" as I hate to cook but this will a very long term goal as I really hate cooking period! ;)

My Fitness Pal has been great for giving and receiving encouragement but what I really need is someone to keep me on the straight and narrow and hold me accountable to my goals and give me a butt kicking when I fall off the wagon or don't meet my goals.

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want..I'm well known for speaking my mind.........I also don't mind being tld a few home truths myself LOL....don't always listen though!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I'm no drill sergeant, but I'll definitely hold you to your goals. And I'll take whatever you can dish out too...anyone who wants to keep tabs on my progress and call me out when I slip up, feel free...I need it.