ZUMBA LOVERS!!!

Options
Do you love Zumba? Do you love a high calorie burn in a small amount of time? Well I just tried Dance You A** Off..It is soooo fun! I usually burn 500+ calories in about 50 or so minutes doing Zumba (according to HRM)..I burn about 490 calories doing 42 minutes of DYAO (according to HRM)

If you can...Check it out!! I found it on Exercise TV on Demand..
It's definitely worth the 42 minutes!

Replies

• jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBA- but don't have exercise on demand! BOO!!!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Going to look for it right now...then mayb I can skip the gym today!!!
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba but I'm usually not able to attend the classes so I'm definitely going to check this out. Thanks!
  • shrinkingviolet23
    shrinkingviolet23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What's Exercise on Demand? I'm guessing the fact I've no idea what it is means I don't have it but I'm a little stupid when it comes to technology!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    What's Exercise on Demand? I'm guessing the fact I've no idea what it is means I don't have it but I'm a little stupid when it comes to technology!

Exercise on Demand is a channel available for most digital cable subscribers. I know for sure Comcast and Time Warner Cable have it. There's also Exercisetv.tv online...I didn't check the website out, but you might be able to find something there :)
  • shrinkingviolet23
    shrinkingviolet23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK so I'm guessing I won't have it? I have Virgin Media which is cable over here
  • fitnessmandy1
    fitnessmandy1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!!! Yesterday my hrm said I burned 1094 in 59 minutes!!! Does directv have it? I dont think so, I am gonna check!
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    I wonder if it is on Fitness TV over here in the UK... I am going to take a look!
  • jlhanks
    jlhanks Posts: 33
    Options
    Wow...thank you so much for this post. I LOVE zumba and can't get enough, but have trouble getting to classes with my little one. I am definitely going to check out DYAO on Exercise on Demand, though I think I'll wait until tomorrow because my legs are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sore from zumba this am!
    Thanks again...you're the best!! :)
  • clioq
    clioq Posts: 10
    Options
    I love Zumba too! It's just recently come to Ireland and loved the classes so much that I bought a DVD set from Amazon so that I could do it at home! Zumba and MFP have been a revelation to me!!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Thanks for the info..I just downloaded and worked out to it for the first time! My HRM said I burned 267 calories (after I subtract my BMR) so it was 319 calories before doing this!! I must say it was fun and easy to learn the steps.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i love zumba i go to classes twice a week and for me its an actual exercise i like ...never feels like an hours workout and i feel great afterwards
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    i have comcast so I am definatly going to check this out and see if i get it...thanks for the post :)
  • 1bellamorena
    1bellamorena Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to trying it, Thnx!!:smile:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Your A** Off!!!! Isn't it great that it's on Demand!!!! I love a different workout everyday!!!!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Do you love Zumba? Do you love a high calorie burn in a small amount of time? Well I just tried Dance You A** Off..It is soooo fun! I usually burn 500+ calories in about 50 or so minutes doing Zumba (according to HRM)..I burn about 490 calories doing 42 minutes of DYAO (according to HRM)

If you can...Check it out!! I found it on Exercise TV on Demand..
    It's definitely worth the 42 minutes!

I did this the other day.. on demand... very fun!
    Also.. my new favorites (also on demand)... Last Chance Workout and Crunch Burlesque... LCW totally kicks my butt and Crunch Burlesque is just plain fun!!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    i tried DYAO tonight and had a blast - how do you log it though? i'm going to log it under dance until i see otherwise? thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, but I also love the exercise workouts offered on demand. Today I did Hip Hop for the first time!!!! It was a blast. They go slow so you can catch on and then it's full speed baby!!!!! So much fun!!!!