new herej ust saying hello

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Misty I am 39 yrs old and I am from MO. I woke up one day weighing 240lbs not sure how it happened all I do know is I want to lose a 100lbs. I have never tried this before so it is pretty scary for me. I have a full closet full of stuff that does not fit me and I just cant bring myself to go buy bigger stuff. I pray this site helps me to become the person I so long to be

Replies

• nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! This site is awesome =)
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Welcome and no worries. We all had to start somewhere. And I'm sure you can reach all your goals.
    Take it day by day and don't get discouraged. You will find lots of help and support here.
    :flowerforyou:
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..this is a great site that is full of support and motivation...and it is FREE!!!! Good luck with your goals!!!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Make sure you set lots of smaller goals to help you along. Personally I'm always looking at the next 5 pounds. I'm 152.7 right now and my next goal is 149.9, then 144.9 and on an on until I reach my goal. In all I'll hit goal 12 times when I reach my ultimate goal. Best wishes on achieving all your weight loss goals!!
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! There is obviously *something* inspirational about being 39 isn't there?! (I am too)

I recommend getting a team of friends on here (feel free to add me) - it is good to see other people exercising and losing weight on your news feed - good for motivation when you feel that everyone else is succeeding.

Good luck!

Sue