Ideal Measurements

Options
Hey!
So i've found ways to figure out what range my bmi and weight should fall into according to my stats, but is there anyway to know what measurements i should strive to get to? i'd imagine it would be different depending on body type, but does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    No clue on its accuracy, but this site had an interesting way to figure it out. :-)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calbs.htm
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I sort of figured it out based on what size I'd like to be. Not a very accurate/scientific method, but I went on the American Eagle Outfitters website and looked at their size chart, and the measurement they used for the size I'd like to be is what I set my goal measurement as. Since I know I have an hourglass shape, I figure the rest of my body measurements will follow...
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just checked out that site and it said I should have 31 inch hips....lol. I'd have nasitol if my hips were that small. Everything else was on target except that it said I should have 37 inch chest....sounds like Barbie doll measurements.
  • Rkap1017
    Rkap1017 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just checked out the website...those were surprisingly spot on if you ignore the 39 in chest that im some how supposed to have lol though it makes me curious since it doesn't even seem to be taking into account your sex. the only other thing i found was a range for hip to waist ratio (smallest part of waist divided by largest part of hips and butt). for women, a ratio of .8 or below is ideal.

thanks for the tips!