I'm Engaged!!!

Options
Yes...we're getting married and I'm so excited. It was a magical day....he got down on one knee in front of Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World...took out a glass slipper with the most beautiful ring and asked if I would marry him. I, of course, said yes. Very romantic!!! So I was wondering if anyone would like to share their engagement stories.

Replies

• adore217
    adore217 Posts: 33
    Options
    Yes...we're getting married and I'm so excited. It was a magical day....he got down on one knee in front of Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World...took out a glass slipper with the most beautiful ring and asked if I would marry him. I, of course, said yes. Very romantic!!! So I was wondering if anyone would like to share their engagement stories.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Mine stuck a ring in an easter egg......then filled a whole bunch of others.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    engagement026.jpg

Well, we were on vacation, staying at his grandparents condo in FL, watching Cops (LOL), he turns around and 'pops the question'. I thought he was kidding. He asked me again and ofcourse I said YES! At the time I was about 2 months pregnant but we didn't know until we got back home to CT.

It was a special place... both grandparents are gone:ohwell:
    Oh, the next day we got on the Tower of Terror to celebrate! :laugh:

Congrats again!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow! That is so so Sweet & Romantic :flowerforyou:

My husband was a snagger fish to say the least. He waited 6.5 years before he asked me to marry him. :love:

We've been married 19 years now (+ 6.5 yrs of "going steady").

He got down on 1 knee on the beach at Lovers Point in Monterey, CA.

Congratulations to you!!!
  • kage1986
    kage1986 Posts: 5
    Options
    He took me to a local beach and walked me around up on the bluff that overlooked it. He distracted me by pointing out landmarks and telling me stories and facts about them. I, being a dumb-a, was hooked on his every word not even looking down at the beach. Then, when he had gotten me in just the right spot, he said "hey, whats that down there?" I looked down at the beach, and there I saw "Will you Marry Me?" Written in huge pieces of driftwood. He had spent nearly an hour and a half earlier that day putting it together and then asking some old guy to keep and eye on it for him. Who would have thought a 19 year old could be so sweet!

Been together two years and looking forward to many more!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Aaawwww....:love:

Congrats & many years of happiness for you! :heart:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    awwwwww!!!!

im waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting!!

i have picked out a ring, and i am just waiting. Who knows!!!! hes good at surprised tho!!

I can't WAIT until i get to post this same thing!!!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    On a Chemistry Trip in college to Anaheim to present research papers. He asked my father before we left Minneapolis. I was sitting on his lap on a bench outside John Wayne airport and he asked very quietly if I would do him the honor of being his wife. It was like we were totally alone while being surrounded by people.
    This December will be 13 years, four kids, and many pounds later. :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    awwwwww!!!!

im waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting!!

i have picked out a ring, and i am just waiting. Who knows!!!! hes good at surprised tho!!

I can't WAIT until i get to post this same thing!!!
    You know I'm gonna cry right?
    I'm such a baby!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oooo congrats!!!!:heart::flowerforyou: :drinker:

lets see I got engaged on New Years Eve which was very romantic....we got all dolled up, well I did, he got all duded up I guess...lol and went out w/ friends for at a hall for a big formal dinner/dance to ring in the new year....so before we get there I was getting ready, putting the finishing touches on LOL...and he came into the bedroom, said, wait you need one more thing to be complete....got down on one knee and handed me a rose and my ring, and asked me in the sweetest way....I almost died....was really surprised so it was amazing....and when we finally made it to the hall, everyone had known....but no one said anything....and so just as I was ready to burst and tell everyone....the dj played that old song "goin' to the chapel of love"....and everyone congradulated me LOL....it was really amazing....wow, haven't thought of that in ages LOL.....sigh the good o' days!

hugs! and congrats!!! wishing you all the best!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats!!:drinker:

My hubby proposed to me on the 4th of July. His family has a huge reunion each year the week of the 4th. He got up and made a speech about how he hadn't gotten me a present for our anniversary, and then handed me a shoe box. Now, I'm not a fan of public embarassment, and I was 4 shades of red. When I looked down at the shoe, one of the laces flashed. As soon as I saw the ring, he got down on one knee. I was speechless long enough that his elderly uncle asked his aunt "what did she say?" and his aunt said "well she hasn't said anything yet!". After that, I found my voice and said yes. Very sweet and definitely creative!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend proposed one month ago at 11,300 ft after spring mountaineering in the mountains. Then we slid down the snow on our butts!
    I'd post a picture here I took but I don't know how... I put it on my profile though.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, after 5+ years of dating (we started dating at 16, so we wanted to wait until we had our degrees) he proposed during the sunset on a cruise we were on. Just perfect.

Congrats!!!!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    It was my 20th birthday and I was walking down the stairs at our house and he tosses the ring box to me. I promptly laugh and toss it back....so we played catch with the dog between us watching the box go back and forth. Even better then that, we were broke...I mean broke. We had one credit card that had a $500 limit on it....I found out later that he went to the store, found my ring (50% off!) for $499...put it on the credit card and wrote a check for the tax! :laugh: He did tell me in the proposal that on our 10th anniversary he would by me the ring I deserved....HEY WAIT...we have been married 11 years this October....he sucked me in with that one!

CONGRATS!!! At the end of the day, love and respect each other over anyone else and you will make the rest of your lives.

:flowerforyou:

Ali