Need some help

Options
Hey all, this is my first post and I need some help and advice. I lost 60 lbs last year with cutting out alot of unhealthy foods and I was running all the time. I just started a new job and my eating has gone downhill since then and I've been binge eating way to often. One day I can do fine but the next day I cant stop eating junk and stuff. Now here is where I need your help. I shot from 130 lbs to 142 in 2 weeks, but I I didn't consume that many excess calories. How is this making sense? Need some help getting my weight back down. I hate seeing my BMI skyrocket like it has

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    12 lbs gained in 2 weeks? wow, start with sodium, get that under control if it's out of control. that is one issue I have eating high sodium then i retain lots of water weight (which will come off really fast if I cut back on the sodium), good luck to you!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Junk food contains so much sodium, which causes huge water retention. That can make your body hold on to a bunch of fluid, makes your pants tight and makes you feel sluggish. That could account for the crazy weight gain. The good news is, after a few days of eating fruits, veggies, lean protein and drinking lots of water you can flush that out of your system. And you will feel like a million bucks. Try to bring healthy snacks and meals to work, just watch that sodium!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    It could be a lot of water weight. If you consumed a lot of salt and didn't drink a lot as well.
    I had some hard days when i started too but now i have gotten a lot better. I chose healthy food over junk! yay me! :-)
    Chips and chocolate... i just couldn't have them in the house or i would eat them! Now i have them in the house but i don't WANT them.
    Remember, it's ok to treat yourself every once in a while. Eat good all day, maybe have 1 cookie or something after lunch, then stay back on track. The more you try to keep yourself away from certain food the more you will crave it
  • Jessilynmorgan
    Jessilynmorgan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Build in small meals or snacks throughout the day, keep running to manage stress as well as weight, and become a ghost when people bring in unhealthy treats. Also find out if there are healthier restaurants nearby so you can lunch with coworkers without blowing it. My office is really hard, we all bring in the junk we don't want lying around the house so others will eat it!
  • amjmomma
    amjmomma Posts: 41
    Options
    The worst part is, those of us who have lost weight already are expected to be perfect at it. First, congrats on the 60 pounds and the running. A new job is a huge amount of stress as well which could account for the gain. I agree with the other comments, though, about the sodium, the candy, or not drinking enough water. Sometimes, I will graze on stuff without even noticing I am doing it. Be sure to make a concerted effort not to do that, cause that can pack on the pounds in no time flat!! I am sure that you have thought of everything considering you have done it before, but just be patient. It will come back off if you stick to it (and, for me, that's the hard part). Also, keep a water bottle at your desk at all times!! =)