...so it was a baaaad night

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
I'd like to get input on this.......I was at the gym today, giving my ever loving all to the treadmill when a pain so hard and so sharp hit me in the upper middle of my chest. I thought it was "THE BIG ONE"!! I immediately stopped on the treadmill and went to sit down on a weight machine to recover....the pain wouldn't go away.
I left the gym to go sit at my office before going home to see if the pain would pass. It didn't, it was constant pressure with hard shooting pains. I called my sis who is an ER nurse and she said never to mess with your heart, get to the ER. Well, after being poked, prodded and probably financially raped, (ER BILL, though I do have good insurance) they said I had a pulled muscle in my chest wall....huh????:noway: I had noticed a slight pain in the middle of my chest for the last couple of weeks off and on, but it was one of those things that I just decided would go away......then today happened, kinda scared me!!:frown:

Has anyone else had any probs like this excercising? I'm not lifting weights yet, just some pretty intense cardio trying to get my cardio built up.

Replies

• mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get input on this.......I was at the gym today, giving my ever loving all to the treadmill when a pain so hard and so sharp hit me in the upper middle of my chest. I thought it was "THE BIG ONE"!! I immediately stopped on the treadmill and went to sit down on a weight machine to recover....the pain wouldn't go away.
    I left the gym to go sit at my office before going home to see if the pain would pass. It didn't, it was constant pressure with hard shooting pains. I called my sis who is an ER nurse and she said never to mess with your heart, get to the ER. Well, after being poked, prodded and probably financially raped, (ER BILL, though I do have good insurance) they said I had a pulled muscle in my chest wall....huh????:noway: I had noticed a slight pain in the middle of my chest for the last couple of weeks off and on, but it was one of those things that I just decided would go away......then today happened, kinda scared me!!:frown:

Has anyone else had any probs like this excercising? I'm not lifting weights yet, just some pretty intense cardio trying to get my cardio built up.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    my husband had that.. he did it by twisting at his job.. he use to make high pressure bottles and the weight from them..and him twisting at his station causes to pull the muscle in his chest.. he had trouble breathing.. and he said it felt like ppl discrible a heart attack.. he was off work for a week.. then light duty. and he had to wear a belt around his chest.. and also pain patches.. soo yeah its possible.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow...I bet that was scary at first! Thankfully I haven't felt anything like that...the worst I get is side pains. Glad it was anything with your heart!!