Weight Loss, or not

Options
:ohwell: I Have managed to lose a minor 4 kg or 8.8 lbs, however I cant see the difference. Has anyone else had the same?

Also, sometimes after weighing i seem to stay around the same weight even though im exercising and eating less that my recommended calories. I will be at around 117kg for a week without seeming to lose any. :ohwell:

Replies

• chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    yep i lost 5lbs and no can't see the difference. Also you may be exercising and eating less but you don't always lose weight as sometimes the fat turns to muscle so theres no change on the scale, but try measuring your waist, thighs etc you may notice a change.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Try to eat most of your recommended calories, not less. Try to eat as much as you can within your calorie goal. You may be eating far less than what your body needs so it has slowed down and stopped burning calories like you would want it to. Try eating more and within a few days you should start to see a change.
  • citizenpioneer
    citizenpioneer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a downer, but I've lose ten pounds and see absolutely no difference in my before/after pictures. Don't get discouraged, but it took me three months of calorie restriction and exercise before I lost the first pound.
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dont stress, you wont see any differences week to week, its over teh longer term that you need to be looking. Try not to weigh for a month. Take measurements every 2 months or so and take a picture of yourself now, and another in 6 months time in the smae place and position and I can guarantee if you keep up your fitness plan you will see a chnage.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It took me to about 15-20 lbs to see a difference or for anyone to notice.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I lost 22lbs so far and don't see much, other than a pot-belly that still won't go... "eat more and see a change" yeah have a few big macs each day and see the weight tumble...
  • stucross1987
    stucross1987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,

Im trying to lose weight following a sports injury. Ideally before my holiday in June, is this too soon or is it a realistic target? 35lb to go?
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is slow, just like weight gain it didnt happen overnight. I dont own a scale for the very reasons your saying. I think for myself it would bother me a great deal if I seen my hard work not doing anything. BUT changing what I eat, how much I eat and not sitting on my butt all the time has to make a difference. I took pictures of myself when I started, will take a picture every month and I took measurements yesterday but wont measure again till the 1st of May. Believe in your choices and changes your making it will take time BUT YOU WILL GET THERE. KEEP GOING cause its a life change not a fast way to lose weight.
  • stucross1987
    Options
    Thanks all,

at the minute i am doing
    5 mins upright bike, warm up

20 mins elliptical trainer
    10 minutes treadmill
    10 minutes upright bike (higher intensity)
    5 minutes upper body aerobic machine

Shoulder Press
    Chest Press
    Pectoral Fly
    Ab Crunches
    Lateral Pulldown

5 Minutes upright bike warm down
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I lost 22lbs so far and don't see much, other than a pot-belly that still won't go... "eat more and see a change" yeah have a few big macs each day and see the weight tumble...

sarcasm not needed. :huh:

eating healthy foods does stoke your metabolism, and often, the way to break through a plateau is to increase calories. Fueling your body so it can do the work you ask of it.

I'm sure you haven't yet learned that (since you're so new).

Knocking other members who give sound advice will not make friends or influence people. :indifferent:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Thanks all,

at the minute i am doing
    5 mins upright bike, warm up

20 mins elliptical trainer
    10 minutes treadmill
    10 minutes upright bike (higher intensity)
    5 minutes upper body aerobic machine

Shoulder Press
    Chest Press
    Pectoral Fly
    Ab Crunches
    Lateral Pulldown

5 Minutes upright bike warm down

this sounds like a great workout. Stick to it, 4-5 days per week, (rest is IMPORTANT) and stick to your calorie goals for at least a month to see what is truly the result. Then if you're still not loving your results, you can try making changes, gradually, and wait a week (at least!) to see how the change will affect the progress.

You're doing so well, keep it up!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think we can all recognize a joke when we see it!

To address the question - it's a long journey, don't expect any overnight successes. Hang on in there, keep it going!
  • stucross1987
    Options
    Everyone has opinions so thanks, I gained my weight when i had a bad leg and ankle break playing football (soccer), Is my weight loss goal above realistic? or am i ina dream world?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    35 lbs in 3 months is pretty fast. That's not to say it can't be done, but it may be on the high side of what is reasonable to expect. That would be 10+lbs of loss per month, so more than 2.5 per week, and that IS on the fast side.

Perhaps you might aim for a 20 lb loss (44 kilos) by then? It may be more do-able.

Or aim to do your very best and be proud and happy with the actual results (which I recommend)
  • stucross1987
    Options
    hmmmm ok maybe i need to reassess then!! thanks:smile: