amount of protein

Options
why do they have the protein amount so low on 1200 calories for women. 45 seems low. And if you're having extra protein (is that bad?)or what's up with that?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find the opposite! I am always miles under on protein, but up to the limit on fat. What has high protein but no fat?

If someone says a protein shake I will scream.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    MFP has carbs too high, and fat and protein too low for my eating plan. Go under Goals, choose "Change Goals" and then choose "Custom". I had to play around with the percentages to get my carbs to register around 75 g for 1200 calories.
  • mommomlynn
    mommomlynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem....everyday it seems my protein amount is always over! I also was wondering what damage this does to your weight loss....I have no idea how all of this works!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I find the opposite! I am always miles under on protein, but up to the limit on fat. What has high protein but no fat?

Skim or low fat milk, greek yogurt, chicken or turkey breast, egg whites, tuna, lean cuts of beef are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, and protein shakes!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

lean ham, chicken, turkey, low fat/fat free yoghurts, skimmed milk, wholemeal bread
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    oh, i see youre veggie

Not as easy, http://www.happycow.net/vegetarian_protein.html

Tbh, maybe a protein shake might not be such a bad idea
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    oh, i see youre veggie

Not as easy, http://www.happycow.net/vegetarian_protein.html

Tbh, maybe a protein shake might not be such a bad idea

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhh!
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    id switch to fat free dairy where you can, and try and get more of it in. Skimmed milk and fat free yoghurts. Boiled eggs, egg whites, Quorn, tofu,