Hair question

Options
Hi all,
I had always had longer hair from teen hood, but after my treatments I had to start from scratch. Now it has been more fun than I thought trying to do things with short hair. It grew back a different color, so now I get it colored and then of course I get it styled.
The question I have is, how do you not cut it when it is over your ears, when it isn't long and not short? I really goofed this last weekend. I just grabbed my hair and started to trim it like I did when it was long, but you know, it didn't work. I had to go to my lady and have her fix it for me. Now it is a lot shorted than it was and I had to pay to fix it.
:laugh: :tongue: :wink:

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hi all,
    I had always had longer hair from teen hood, but after my treatments I had to start from scratch. Now it has been more fun than I thought trying to do things with short hair. It grew back a different color, so now I get it colored and then of course I get it styled.
    The question I have is, how do you not cut it when it is over your ears, when it isn't long and not short? I really goofed this last weekend. I just grabbed my hair and started to trim it like I did when it was long, but you know, it didn't work. I had to go to my lady and have her fix it for me. Now it is a lot shorted than it was and I had to pay to fix it.
    :laugh: :tongue: :wink:
  • TracyFace
    TracyFace Posts: 65
    Options
    If you are discrbing that "awkward" stage, you just have to live with it or cut it. I recently decided to get mine done a little shorter since it grows so fast lately. I had at one point my hair long too, so long my bangs were shoulder length! I feel better with it a little shorter!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Bobby-pins are your new best friend!! That is my only solution for the in-between stages!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Bobby-pins are your new best friend!! That is my only solution for the in-between stages!

You know I don't know why I didn't think of that, I have a ton and all kind of hair do-dads.
    Thanks
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Yes- bobby pins and headbands are fun too!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My sister in law has that problem too, hers grew back way darker and before she had really straight hair and now she's got curls. Hers is in that awkward stage right now too, but is long enough to tuck behind her ears. I agree that bobby pins are a great help. When I'm in my awkward stage (after many cuts and hairdressers just not getting it, I'm gonna let mine grow long again!!) I use cute headbands. Or just get some gel and play with it, sometimes you can get that cute, flirty messy look going on!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Glad I could help!! I love short hair that has a few bobby pins pinning it back.. careful you may find you don't want to grow it out but keep it short enough to be able to play with it!! I am sooo tempted to cut mine but promised my girls I would grow it for a while.