Hi there! :)

Options
I'm new to this site and I'm really excited about it. I'm 18 and a senior in high school and I used to be fairly thin and in shape...but the past few years I have gained a ton of weight. My goal is to lose 35 lbs. and I'd really like to lose it before going to college this fall (I'd like to avoid the "freshman 15-20"). :ohwell: hehe
I'm not actually STARTING the diet and exercise plan until April 2nd (the day after I get back from my Chicago Trip). My house has little to no healthy food in it. Both of my parents are obese and my brother is overweight. I plan to go buy a TON of healthy food and I will eat ONLY that healthy food. I will also be joining the local gym.
Anyway, I'm excited to start and get healthy! I would also like to find some friends to have on here because I have no friends that will join this site, so...looking for friends. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi there! I'm sure you'll find this site really useful...and addictive.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi im emma, welcome, feel free 2 add me and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi I'm Terri. This site is great/ Feel free to add me. Welcome and good luck!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Good on you, the easiest weight to lose is the weight you don't put on. It's heartening to see young people (I'm 28) thinking ahead.

Good luck losing the weight you want to, I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

And darblij is right, this site *is* addictive but it's a good addiction in my opinion.
  • EquestrianLark135
    EquestrianLark135 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much everyone! I already have a few friends and I will add those that offered. Everyone seems so sweet here and I'm so glad I joined. :smile: I'm getting addicted already!