My waist and carbs

Options
hey guys
Usually when I drop weight, its off of my waist,
But now it seems my waist isn't shrinking. Ive looked back on my food diary and I see that I go OVER my carbs.
Is there a correlation between my carbs and my waist?
I get in trouble every morning with simply fiber one cereal and a banana.
Is MFP off? Or what on earth can I eat that's not going to put me over?
Thanks!

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Maybe not carbs, but sugar might be what it is. What type of carbs are you eating? I eat a bunch of carbs and my waist is the smallest its been in 3 years. If it's carbs from processed foods --> sugar, may be the cause of it!

Edit: What do you have your daily % carbs set to? It's seem really low!
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    The only thing I've changed from mfp's settings is the protein.
    The sugar could definitely be, but I have a lot of fruit and that always sends me over:/
    Do I cut out the fruit?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd say it was more the 6tps of sugar with coffee that's sending you over on sugar. That's today anyways. Try swapping sugar for sweetener? And eat more regularly? Yesterday there seems to be a huge gap of time between breakfast?
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    Yeah, I had a mega mug of coffee and were out of splenda so I needed to use sugar.
    I'm horrible on the weekends, I either binge or I don't eat much at all. I definitely need to work on that.
    In school I have it a lot more spread out.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that when I use non-dairy creamer I dont need sugar or at least very little of it. Just a thought. ON the waist thing I have no idea but I would love to lose the blub around mine as well.
  • naomi_bridgman
    Options
    hey guys
    Usually when I drop weight, its off of my waist,
    But now it seems my waist isn't shrinking. Ive looked back on my food diary and I see that I go OVER my carbs.
    Is there a correlation between my carbs and my waist?
    I get in trouble every morning with simply fiber one cereal and a banana.
    Is MFP off? Or what on earth can I eat that's not going to put me over?
    Thanks!

As we grow the places we lose weight differ each time, I used to lose weight around my face first - however its around my stomach area. (Bonus for me :) )
    However as other people have said before it can depend on the type of carbs you are having. Have you looked into GL (Glycemic load) is a ranking system for carbohydrate content in food portions based on their glycemic index (GI). This means foods like watermelon – which have a high GI and are typically off limits – actually have a low GL because they contain only small amounts of carbs in a typical serving.
    In contrast, foods like pasta – which have a low GI –actually have a moderate to high GL because they contain a lot of carbs in a typical serving. The key to losing weight is to choose foods with a low GL and avoid those with a high GL.

Its also best to eat complex carbs - i.e no white bread, as this releases the sugars in the carbs VERY quickly. Where as a wholemeal bread releases the sugars slower... Therefore feeling fuller - For longer?

I hope this helps x