New Mommy trying to get my body back!

Options
I just had my first child in January (Nolan). I gained 36 pounds during my pregnancy, and I don't know how much I lost when I had him because I've been too scared to get on a scale, but I know I must be around 175. The main problem is of course in my mid section. I haven't built up my abdominal muscles yet, and I have this embarrassing pooch and some stretch marks about the area size of a grapefruit (but I'm confident that they will eventually fade). I'd like to get into a bathing suit this summer and feel confident enough not to buy a tankini or a one piece...so bikini it is. Any support and friends along the way will be great. The more motivation I get from other people, the more likely I am to stick with it, and that's what I really need right now. Please add me :)

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    I know the feeling! Add me if you like, I'd love to support and encourage you along the way. Good luck with your goals, keep your mind focused and you WILL do it!!
  • Saritabella
    Options
    I completely know how you feel! My son was born last July and although I've lost the baby weight, I'm still working on losing the weight that I had gained BEFORE I became pregnant. :-) Add me too!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You can do this! After 3 kids and a LOT of weight gained, I lost 90 lbs and for the first time in my life bought a bikini!!! I'm now pregnant with my 4th but I still go to the gym 3 times a week and I haven't gained as much weight as I did with the first 3 so I'm super stoked!!! You will get back to your pre-pregnancy weight and there is SO much wonderful support and advice here to help you on your journey!
  • AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    dealing with the same thing right now...except my daughter was born last may and i gained about 60lbs.....ive lost all the baby weight and working towards my ideal weight, but my tummy still looks gross... i definately admire your ambition for a bikini...i havent gained that much confidence in myself for that just yet.........good luck :-)