A&E's "Heavy"

Options
Anyone else watch this show? I love it. At first, I really didn't want to watch it, but I find it so much more motivating than something like "The Biggest Loser" because it's not a game. I always feel so inspired while watching it and think, if these people can do this, so can I! I think it had a big hand in me finally getting off my *kitten* and taking control of my health & life again.

Replies

• mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really like it - and would love to go to Hilton head health for 6 months :) Too bad I have to work every day. I like that they get them started but then send them back home and continue to work with them. It would be great to get long term updates about the people they feature.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Its very inspiring. I looked at website and they are going to have a follow up show with everyone who has been on there. I cant wait.
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    Love that show ;)
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I liked the facility in Texas more than the Hilton Head. I just thought it was more realistict o get started somewhere and then make it work for everyday life, because you can't live in a bubble for 6 months like at HHH. Either way, its a great watch.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love that show.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Love that show... along with BL too...
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I liked the facility in Texas more than the Hilton Head. I just thought it was more realistict o get started somewhere and then make it work for everyday life, because you can't live in a bubble for 6 months like at HHH. Either way, its a great watch.

I agree. I liked it better because it was more interesting to see how they dealt with incorporating it into their every day lives than just seeing them at the facility the whole time.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't find Biggest Loser motivating at all? It is frustrating to watch it when there are people whose heads aren't in the right place, and you feel they've wasted a great opportunity. The biggest issue for me is that it seems "easy" (comparatively speaking), in that they are in that "bubble" as someone mentioned above, and have personal trainers, access to only certain foods, etc. etc.