Very Under Calorie Goals

Options
There are some days when I'm just genuinely not hungry (this is rare for me, but I'm noticing it more often) and I will be several hundred calories under my recommended amount, which is already quite low.

Will this hinder the weight loss process? Should I try to get as close to the goal as possible? I'm afraid that I'm not eating enough some days.

Any suggestions? Or information?

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    What about eating some Nuts? Some almonds or something like that? You dont need to eat a ton of them to get some good calories and heart healthy fats into your diet! 16 nuts (160 calories I believe) is one serving of Almonds, and that is hardly anything!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    That's definitely a good idea! Thank you! :)
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    According to my doctors and my nutrionists it is VERY important to eat at least 1200 calories a day. They all stress that the body will go into "starvation mode" and hold onto fat and use lean body mass instead.

My Personal Trainer also backs this up. I have to be very careful since I have had gastric bypass surgery to make sure that I eat the required number of calories a day.

Try to eat nuts and fiber as much as your can. Drink milk (if you can tolerate it and like it).

Good luck to you.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    You don't have to "eat" all your calories, what about drinking? Maybe get some healthy 100% juices to sip with your meals and snacks. It will help you get your calories and some added nutritional/vitamin benefits. Think V8's, Juicy Juice, Milk, OJ. Just make sure they are not too sugary :)
  • chubswonky
    Options
    Oooh very good idea! Thank you! Or I could even just make some smoothies at home! :)
  • chubswonky
    Options
    haha i just took it a step further and immediately thought *CHOCOLATE MILK!* hah

Thank you for the help :)
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Haha, no problem. Just don't over do it on the chocolate milk!! (but if it gets you to drink more milk then go for it! Just remember all things in moderation :bigsmile: ) I love me some chocolate milk too!! :love:

Smoothies are another good option. You can use the plain greek yogurt to get a good amount of protein with it :)