half marathon train or p90x

TeeTee11
TeeTee11 Posts: 61
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm hearing it's not a good idea to train for a half marathon and do p90x at the same time? What is everyones opinion??

The only thing I really want out of either is weight loss and health. Which will I achieve it with faster, and can I do both

Replies

• I don't know, you can try. I'd do it using the doubles routine set by P90X. As for me, I don't have the energy for anything else after I do P90X. You'd have to increase some calories to help keep your energy up. I'm sure it can be done. Listen to your body and be careful not to injure yourself! Best of luck!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    I would think that you could do both if you wanted too. Just do the lifting days, and swap in running for the cardio days. Depending how you feel about yoga, you could swap the run on that day too. That'll give you 3 days of marathon training and 3 days of lifting each week.

Just running would probably get you bigger weight loss numbers over the 90 days, but P90X will help with the fitness / health more I think.

GL
  • Teetee, I have done both, just not at the same time. I definitely lost more weight doing P90X. I actually gained weight while I was training for the half marathon (not too much, I think it was like 5 lbs, probably all muscle). I found the good thing about P90X is that you can choose the lean option that is more cardio based, or tailor the program to whatever you're trying to achieve specifically.
This discussion has been closed.