P90X question

Options
I just finished the 1rst 3 weeks of phase 1 and last week would have been my recovery week. However, it turned into "vacation week",well,sort of. I put in 12-14 hours a day for 6 days at work and then in what little time I had left I worked on taxes and the mountain of paperwork I have on my desk at home. Needless to say, I did not get any workouts in. Hopefully this week will be better. Should I treat it as recovery from phase 1 and do the recovery workouts or just move on to phase 2?

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 1rst 3 weeks of phase 1 and last week would have been my recovery week. However, it turned into "vacation week",well,sort of. I put in 12-14 hours a day for 6 days at work and then in what little time I had left I worked on taxes and the mountain of paperwork I have on my desk at home. Needless to say, I did not get any workouts in. Hopefully this week will be better. Should I treat it as recovery from phase 1 and do the recovery workouts or just move on to phase 2?

Do the recovery work outs!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as important as the recovery workouts are, I'd say to move on to Phase 2. I wouldn't want to go without resistance training for 2 whole weeks, which is what you'd be doing if just do the recovery now. The recovery week is about 2 main things: rest from resistance training (to keep things fresh & revived upon returning), and still getting some cardio in. You may have missed out on the cardio with your week off, but I wouldn't do further damage by staying away from the weights for too long. Just my .02
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as important as the recovery workouts are, I'd say to move on to Phase 2. I wouldn't want to go without resistance training for 2 whole weeks, which is what you'd be doing if just do the recovery now. The recovery week is about 2 main things: rest from resistance training (to keep things fresh & revived upon returning), and still getting some cardio in. You may have missed out on the cardio with your week off, but I wouldn't do further damage by staying away from the weights for too long. Just my .02

+1
  • superjarrod1616
    superjarrod1616 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Phase 2. Bring it!